My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Documentation of March 7, 2023 Email to Camille Leung

Email sent to: cleung@smcgov.org. From:  lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: March 7, 2023 at 6:22 PM

Re:  File #2022-00333 Represents a Fraudulent Application

Dear Ms. Leung:

I am in receipt of an email from Planning Director Steve Monowitz this afternoon.

I am uncomfortable in responding to Director Monowitz due to the fact that his letter appears to contain several falsehoods, particularly within his statements that no one within the Planning Commission or the Planning Office has had any contact with federal personnel regarding File #PLN2022-00333.

That statement is untrue.

And given Director Monowitz's role as a public servant, I believe it is a violation of the public trust to extend prevarications concerning proposals of importance to residents of San Mateo County.

Ms. Leung, I have expressed to you that Bryan Apple, allegedly of MROSD, has failed to communicate with me directly concerning his basic biographical information, in specific, his degrees with dates, and the institutions which conferred them.

It is my understanding that Bryan Apple is not actually a member of MROSD staff, but rather that he represents an assumed identity extended by FBI personnel.  I am further informed that both you and Director Monowitz are well aware of Mr. Apple's false identity, and further, that you have both been in direct contact with FBI personnel regarding this matter.

File #PLN2022-00333 should be categorically rejected on the basis of its fraudulent application.  Bryan Apple's false identity renders the proposal invalid.

To express this simply, no one should be extending proposals to the Planning Office when he is lying about his name, his occupation, and the intent of his application.  Further, no one within the Planning Office or the Planning Commission should be offered any form of remuneration in order to conceal this critical information from the public.

The truth of this matter will ultimately be illuminated for public review.

If the Planning Office knowingly approves a fraudulent application, having been fully informed of the FBI's intent to utilize the project to cause harm to a law-abiding San Mateo County resident and her property in retaliation for her principled stance as a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance, it is fair to say that ethics concerns will arise.

I believe that the Planning Office's mandate to serve the public interest in this circumstance is clear.  The ethical stance is also the legal one.  Fraudulent application File #PLN2022-00333 should be seen for what it is:  a violation of the public trust perpetrated by a falsified identity.

Ms. Leung, you are not at fault in this matter.  Compromised FBI personnel are at fault.  Trust your highest principles in rejecting File #PLN2022-00333 due to the lies of the applicant, Bryan Apple.  You will be praised for standing for what is truthful and meritorious in this matter, as is appropriate.

Thank you for your ethical engagement,

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment