My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, March 1, 2023

UPDATE: Correspondence with San Mateo County Planner Camille Leung

UPDATE:  Camille Leung's contact information is as follows:

Senior Planner, 455 County Center, Redwood City, CA. 94063.  Phone:  (650) 363-1826. Email:  cleung@smcgov.org.

*************************************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, please assist Ms. Leung by contacting her prior to her decision point on San Mateo County project #PLN2022-00333, which she identifies as next week.

If Ms. Leung knows that an investigation into this matter is forthcoming, she is much more likely to withhold her approval of the project.

Thank you for all intervention you can extend regarding this matter.

In gratitude,




Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************

Email sent from: cleung@smcgov.org. To: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: March 1, 2023 at 2:46 PM

The County has not approved this project yet.  I can wait till next week.  As I mentioned, I will provide you with the decision letter which is subject to appeal.

Camille Leung

***********************************************************************************

Email sent from: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com.  To: cleung@smcgov.org. Date: March 1, 2023 at 3:41 PM

Thank you for your response, Ms. Leung.

If I were in your position, I would have many questions concerning possible attempts by far right FBI personnel to interfere with municipal planning within San Mateo County.

The implications of County personnel accepting compensation from Infragard in return for following agency directives are far-reaching.

You should be aware that I do not believe it will be possible for me to file an appeal of PLN2022-00333 should you elect to approve it.

Rather, I am asking you to withhold approval of this project until the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice is able to fully characterize FBI malfeasance in this matter.

The protection of lives and property within San Mateo County from the plans of corrupt federal law enforcement officials in this instance falls to you -- not the Board of Supervisors, the Governor, or policy makers at the national level.

Part of being a San Mateo County public servant is recognizing the important of your protective role for San Mateo County residents.

Far right factions of the FBI may not care if their affiliates destroy the property and home of an FBI whistleblower and her neighbors through the arson and wildfire that have been extensively threatened in connection with this project.  But the residents of San Mateo County do care.

I urge you to take the principled stance and withhold approval of PLN2022-00333.

Your full ethical engagement in this matter is appreciated.

Sincerely, 

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************



No comments:

Post a Comment