My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Update: Email to Brian Von Herzen

 Update:  OIG Hotline investigators, for context regarding the communication below, my brother has failed to claim his full inheritance from my father, despite repeated urging from me in writing.

I believe it's possible that he accepted compensation from FBI affiliates to fail to process certain TOD claims relating to my father's estate.  Perhaps the intention was to falsely claim that funds were withheld from him.

Nonetheless, I possess full documentation of my ongoing efforts to assist him in claiming all funds due to him.

As a point of reference, he was removed as Trustee from my mother's Trust for non-performance, so the origin of these failures is difficult to assess.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Lane MacWilliams

*******************************************************************************


Email sent to: brian@climatefoundation.org  From:  lanemacwilliams@gmail.com  Date:  March 27, 2023 at 1:19 PM

Re:  SC Funds Recovery; Brighthouse; Fidelity's Transition Services

Brian, I hope you've been able to claim the funds you inherited from Dad.

I have received four calls from a "Gretchen" at "SC Funds Recovery," suggesting that there may be unclaimed fund related to Brighthouse.  If those funds have reverted to the state, third parties can sometimes simplify the paperwork regarding the claiming of those monies.  But the percentage they charge can be high, and you need to assess whether they are trustworthy.  I cannot vouch for "SC Funds Recovery," as I merely received voicemails from "Gretchen."  That said, if you want to follow up, the callback number with which I was provided is as follows:  (626) 635-1520.  The caller ID was (415) 406-6291.

It would be wise to commence by calling Brighthouse, in any case, to assess the location and status of the funds.  Their number is 1-800-515-1075.

I also spoke to Fidelity not too long ago, and mentioned your situation.  They recommended that you reach out to their "Transition Services" team, which I understand is most helpful and accommodating.  You can reach them by calling 1-800-544-0003.

I hope this helps, Brian.

Dad certainly wanted you to inherit the funds he designated for you, and it would be lovely if you engaged with the follow up to ensure that this inheritance took place.

I am not legally permitted to claim these funds on your behalf.  Otherwise, I would have done so and simply sent you the check.

I hope you're well,

Lane



No comments:

Post a Comment