My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, December 30, 2023

PG&E Service Technician at 45 Vista Verde Way, Portola Valley

OIG Hotline, please be apprised that "Tomas," an alleged service technician from PG&E, just entered our property at 45  Vista Verde Way, ringing the front doorbell and then proceeding past our gas meter, which PG&E was previously scheduled to examine for a "gas meter safety check."

The original appointment for today had a service window of 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, and Tomas arrived at approximately 10:30 AM.

Further, this appointment had been cancelled with PG&E on a recorded line just this morning, at 9:56 AM.

I located Tomas taking a long walk down our driveway toward our septic tanks, the gas meter fifty feet behind him.

It seems highly possible that Tomas was taking direction from FBI personnel to falsely report having seen something "suspicious" on our property that might be intended to justify a police raid.

Was he meant to report seeing a "hostage" on our property?  Was he meant to report signs of unlawful activity of some kind on our property?

These don't exist.

Fortunately, I recorded my conversation with Tomas, in which he confirmed that everything he had seen on our property was lawful and honorable.

I will be following up by providing this recording to your Office, in addition to sending an email to PG&E, reminding this company of its liability in the event its employee's falsified witness statement leads to any harm to my family whatsoever.

Thank you for allowing me to document these concerns.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment