My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, December 31, 2023

Survey Responses to DSCC on December 30, 2023

OIG Hotline, the following screenshots and text represent my genuine answers to a survey that appeared as a text to my cell phone ending in 1467 yesterday evening, December 30, 2023 at 7:41 PM.

The only "glitch" I noticed with this survey was the blue outline that sometimes appeared around my selected answers, captured below in my first response denoting my approval of President Biden.  

Does this correspond to answers which are received in altered form?

Because I have received threats which seem to indicate survey tampering, I will be documenting all of my genuine survey responses thoroughly.

In this case, this identical content representing my true survey responses also appears within an email sent to your attention within lanemacwilliams@gmail.com, lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com, and lmacwilliams7417@gmail.com at 3:15 AM on December 31, 2023, bearing the subject heading ATTN: OIG HOTLINE Re: Genuine Survey Responses to DSCC, December 30, 2023.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams


The Talmud contains a beautiful saying, "He who saves one life, saves the world entire." And, while I'm not Jewish, I think this speaks to all people of faith.  President Biden, in defending the civil liberties and human rights of one American, extends his defense to the civil liberties and human rights of all Americans, of all democracies' electorates, of all who love freedom the world over.  President Biden saves the freedom of one, and in so doing, he saves the world entire.  The transformation rendered possible by President Biden's choice to be compassionate toward the one person before him at definitive inflection points represents the height of leadership, in my opinion.


Illumination of the far right's engagement in knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting -- and related harms -- for anti-Democratic objectives.  The American electorate has not yet grasped the manifestation and effects of this totalitarian practice, nor the reality that the very fabric of our diverse and egalitarian society is rent by such practices.  The systems built around this false reporting and related harms are inimical to democracy -- antithetical to our freedoms in every measures.  By definition, if this deception of the public survives, the American experiment in self-governance that has sustained us for the last two hundred and forty-seven years cannot.  Yet, I believe our democracy can be rescued.  And I believe it is up to us to do so.




No comments:

Post a Comment