My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, August 27, 2023

Apparent Warning at FedEx in Mountain View

OIG Hotline, I am currently working at the FedEx at 1935 W. El Camino Real in Mountain View, CA.

Approximately ten minutes ago, a gun was fired in the parking lot.

I did not identify the source, as I was sitting in my car at the time.  I rushed into the FedEx at that time and contacted my husband.

He is now en route.

  • A few important details:  there appears to be a white surveillance van currently in the parking lot with California plates 82769U2.
  • On the way here, my husband and I pulled over at the edge of Los Trancos Rd. bordering the entrance to the Alpine Tennis and Swim Club, so that he could contact a notary in order to prepare further materials for your office.  A little girl, perhaps 12 or 14 years of age, circled our vehicles several times on her bicycle with a look of fear and alarm on her face -- prompted by absolutely no wrong on our part.  We immediately left, but this experience was deeply concerning.  We are protective of children and the vulnerable.  Whatever this child had been told about our presence there appeared to frighten her terribly.
  • Beyond this episode, my husband did reach a notary, Mr. Sivanagaraju Yarramaneni, who will document my affidavits on the way home.  I am informed that Mr. Yarramaneni was prevailed upon by Txx Lxxxx to falsely report about a dialogue my husband and I shared in his presence last week, expressing that Reverend Matt McDermott is a wonderful person.  Today, my husband and I will discuss nothing in front of Mr. Yarramaneni other than the Jurat notarization of the affidavits at hand.  I will include within these documents an affidavit stating that all of our actions today, as at all times, have been lawful and honorable in all respects.
Clearly, we are concerned for our security at this time.  If Mr. Yarramaneni falsely reports our words in his presence, our safety could be endangered.  Certainly, Notaries Public of documents for the OIG Hotline ought not to be recruited informants for Txx Lxxxx.  The conflicts of interest are overwhelming in such a circumstance.

I do not expect to have Wifi access tomorrow, Monday, August 29th or Tuesday, August 30th, due to likely close-range signal blocking from a near neighbor (the Hyvers and the Bleiers are the most likely candidates due to proximity).

I will hope to update this blog on Wednesday, August 31st.

With appreciation for your Office,


Lane MacWilliams





No comments:

Post a Comment