My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, August 23, 2023

UPDATE: Friday Night Lights

UPDATE:  OIG Hotline, we have moved these three balls to our mailbox on Vista Verde Way, as pictured.



They are technically still on our property, but if a child in the neighborhood recognizes one or more balls as belonging to him or her, hopefully he or she will reclaim it.

We have not examined or altered these balls in any way.

Again, they don't belong to us, and we have no knowledge of their possible significance.

Due to the fact that FBI affiliates have suggested that the football relates in some manner to falsified law enforcement reporting, I will prepare and notarize an affidavit concerning this subject for your Office today.

Please check this blog later today for upcoming information concerning multiple newly notarized affidavits for your use.

Most sincerely,


Lane MacWilliams



OIG Hotline, this blue and yellow football, ostensibly a child's toy, was left on our property several days ago, approximately ten feel from the top of our driveway.  

I photographed and documented it yesterday for the sole reason that I had received threats that I would receive a child's toy that contained an illicit substance or item of some kind.

I do not know what the contents, if any, of this item are, and neither does any member of my family. 

None of us has moved it from its original location.


It's probably worth noting that I also noticed two other balls on our property, though, from their weathering, I don't believe they were placed here recently.  (Please excuse the quality of the photograph.  This is a heavily wooded area.)



My husband will plan to move these balls to the curb at Vista Verde Way.  (I will take a photo for documentation.). 

That way, if they happen to belong to a child in the neighborhood, they can be easily reclaimed.

It would be lovely to simply knock on a few neighbors' doors to find the rightful owner.  Regrettably, the FBI's defamation to the neighbors has rendered that congenial outreach impossible at the moment.

If, on the other hand, one or more of these balls contains something unlawful or dangerous planted by the FBI or its affiliates, I hope this post will encourage those responsible to retrieve the ball or balls before any harm transpires.

Thank you for allowing me to document this small detail.

One only hopes that the American pastime of football will not be supplanted by the more nefarious games of the far right.

The strength of our national character far outweighs the unwarranted deceits of a few.

We may be called upon to prove that assertion, but I believe we're up to the task.

Most sincerely,








Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment