My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, August 24, 2023

When the FBI Denies Consumer Banking Services to Whistleblowers

OIG Hotline, I recently received a letter from Comerica Bank stating that it would be terminating my consumer banking accounts and declining to give any reason for doing so. I will post this letter as soon as Wifi access is restored at my residence.

As a result of Comerica's letter, I opened three accounts at Bank of America in Palo Alto today, and subsequently traveled to Comerica to process three wire transfers of the balance of these accounts.

Interestingly, the $1,000 transfer was processed by Comerica with no difficulty, and the $3,000 transfer was handled smoothly by the Bank as well.  However, the third transfer, which represented a six-figure sum, was obstructed repeatedly by Txx Lxxxx' directives to Ms. Mehren Farahani to delay that transaction.

On the receiving end, at Bank of America, Mr. Lxxxx also initiated communication with Banker Ms. Helen Zhang to classify the larger wire transfer as "pending," not complete.

It would appear that Mr. Lxxxx had definitive plans for the dispensation of my savings.

Despite several trips on my part, traveling back and forth between both banks, Mr. Lxxxx appeared loathe to relinquish his designs.

At this moment, it seems that Bank of America has confirmed three successful wire transfers, including the larger one, during a documented phone conversation.

One banker at Comerica, in a gambit clearly directed by Txx Lxxxx, asked if the wire transfers indicated that I was leaving the state!  

No, I explained.  They indicated that a third party had bullied Comerica into cancelling my consumer banking accounts.

Corrupt FBI agent Txx Lxxxx has wrought havoc with my financial life today by slandering me as a "flight risk," it would seem.

Mr. Lxxxx, I'm not going anywhere!

I intend to serve as a whistleblower of your crimes until you and your colleagues are held fully accountable in a court of law!

At issue is the following:  should a corrupt FBI agent, with close ties to Russian-affiliated organized crime, be able to harass a law-abiding American whistleblower with impunity?  

Should he be able to cancel her bank accounts?

To appropriate their sums through "failed" wire transfers?

To impoverish her?

The FBI's far right clearly feels entitled to a whole panoply of civil and human rights violations beyond those listed here.

But will law-abiding American citizens tolerate the far right's financial abuses of "targets" in furthering the cause of autocracy?

I don't think we should speculate on this point.

I think we should ask them.

Most sincerely

Lane MacWilliams

*******************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, please be aware that I documented all of my conversations with bankers today, as well as a conversation with a parking attendant who attempted to have me leave the Bank of America parking garage without paying.  (Though he refused to supply me with a specific charge, I gave him $5 in cash in order to cover my estimate of these costs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment