My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, June 15, 2023

A Request for Dr. Greg Zaharchuk's In-person Review of MRI Images Sent to Us By Stanford Radiology

Email sent to: gregz@stanford.edu. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date:  June 15, 2023 at 6:17 PM

Re:  A Request for your In-person Review of MRI Images Sent to Us by Stanford Radiology

Dear Dr. Zaharchuk:

You were the radiologist who read my son Graham MacWilliams' pituitary MRI exam, collected on February 18, 2023.

You read the exam on February 19, 2023, although I believe that reading was based on imported images from the study that failed to show serious pituitary pathology evident in images selected by the radiology technician for your review on the 18th.  I have a disc of the original images from the 18th, which I believe to be quite distinct from those on which you reported.

Your radiology report, as it currently stands within Stanford MyHealth, reflects an image collection date of February 19th, not the 18th, when the MRI was actually performed.

Graham has an HGH value of 5.41 ng/ml.  We believe the images selected by the radiology technician from February 18th show a pituitary tumor.

Would you be willing to look at the images in our possession, provided to us by Stanford's Radiology Department?

My husband would be happy to stop by your office so that we may ensure that everyone is referencing identical images.

We would very much appreciate your assistance with this important matter, as Graham's health depends upon our ability to read the images selected by the technician on the 18th, and not on any other day,

Thank you kindly for responding to me via return email at your earliest convenience.

Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment