My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, June 22, 2023

Email to Dr. Bill Spangler and Dr. Mai Mok of NSG

OIG Hotline, yesterday, I made the long drive to Davis, CA in order to speak with Dr. Mai Mok and meet with Dr. Bill Spangler in person concerning next steps with NSG's analysis.  My follow up communication to these physicians is included below.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

*******************************************************************************

Email sent to: nsg@necropsyservices.com. From:  lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date:  June 22, 2023

Re:  The Most Critical Sample Types to Obtain from Your Work on Oliver

Dear. Dr. Spangler and Dr. Mok:

Thank you very much for helping us to determine what caused the final, devastating illness of our beloved Abyssinian, Oliver.

I'm grateful to have had the chance to convey in person how critical it is to save as many types of samples as possible for analysis.

I am assuming some analyses are time-sensitive and need to be conducted now, so please let me know details right away.  In this manner, we can be a step ahead.

Please make a special effort to save the fluid contents of cystic features -- and not merely the lining of the cyst, because this fluid all by itself can be immediately diagnostic.  If you make a few separate collections of the fluid, we can have several experts viewing these samples simultaneously -- and this would be best.  I'm willing to assist in any way I can.

Your work matters a very great deal.

If you are able to obtain samples of the fluid from Oliver's cysts -- and if this fluid can be viewed under the microscope right away -- your efforts could be life-saving.

As I mentioned, the vet who saw Oliver on June 20th explained to us that Oliver's liver was grossly distended with cystic features.  In addition, we know there are at least two cysts on his kidneys.

I wish I knew about further tests to request -- but yes, as the result of my conversation with Dr.  Spangler on Wednesday -- please take all the samples necessary, and in the right form, for biologic, genetic and molecular testing so that these evaluations can be implemented immediately.

Please email me here, at lanemacwilliams@gmail.com, and/or call me at 415-963-1467, to discuss any cost concerns so that the fluid contents of the cysts can be viewed by the right experts urgently.

After you've taken all the samples you believe you need, please freeze Oliver's liver so that future analysis of this organ in particular may be possible.  This one choice alone can ensure that a definitive diagnosis of Oliver's illness will in fact be achieved.

My family is immensely grateful to you both for your efforts on our -- and Oliver's behalf.

With much appreciation,

Lane MacWilliams




No comments:

Post a Comment