My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, June 15, 2023

The Preservation of the Truth and the Preservation of our Lives

OIG Hotline, I am informed that Stanford Medicine, as predicted, forwarded a corrupted MRI study of my son's pituitary to the Cleveland Clinic at the directive of the FBI.  Apparently, a few of the 40,000 images that comprised the total study were gathered with the intent of falsifying the clinical impression.  Now, it is alleged that a radiologist at the Cleveland Clinic has read the corrupted MRI study and entered it into my son's record there.

This morning, when I attempted to access my disc from Stanford Medicine which contains the original study, my Dell computer began spontaneously to erase the disc's contents.

As soon as I realized what was transpiring, I ejected the disc from the reader.

I do possess a backup disc of this material, stamped MRI 2-18-2023, so I believe that I have preserved a pristine copy.

But I am shaken by this apparent concerted attempt to erase the truth of a young man's pituitary tumor.

There is an objective truth in this situation, and it does not reside with a prevaricating FBI.

The FBI leadership would prefer that my son dies before it has to acknowledge its wrongdoing.

I prefer something else.

I possess an original, uncorrupted disc showing my son's pituitary tumor quite clearly, and I possess an original, uncorrupted disc showing my son's liver cysts quite clearly.  The FBI has been actively involved in suppressing both of those clinical diagnoses, much to son's peril, my family's peril, and the greater peril of our nation.

At this time, I would ask to convey that factual material directly into the hands of OIG Hotline investigators.

One whistleblower and her family are no match for a murderous, prevaricating FBI.

One truth teller is no match for the far right segments of the three-letter agencies whose loyalties may not rest with the United States and its Constitution in any way, shape or form.

My son needs medical care because of the FBI's crimes against him.  My husband, I believe, needs medical care because of the same FBI crimes.  And I myself, need medical care because of the FBI's identical malfeasance.

We cannot access that care without active help and open engagement.

And time is of the essence in the preservation of our lives.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

The FBI is a deeply divided agency.  There are many FBI employees who view their vows to the Constitution with the utmost seriousness and honor, and who strive to defend the fundamentals of our democracy with courage, fortitude and commitment.  The fact that some segments of the FBI appear to have embraced a lawless course is not a justification to assail the FBI in general.  As President Joseph R. Biden has so rightly expressed, violence is never justified in any circumstance.  The rule of law must always be honored and upheld.  It is our shared determination to preserve the civil liberties and human rights of all Americans that renders the United States a democracy.  We must never abandon this promise. All of our most cherished freedoms depend upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment