My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, June 18, 2023

When Is a Liver Ultrasound Not a Liver Ultrasound?

OIG Hotline, please be apprised that there is an assertion that the ultrasound study provided to us by El Camino Hospital of our son's liver in truth consisted of a study of his gallbladder.

I noted that the labeling of this exam on the CD provided to us stated "US Abdomen Limited RUQ."

Alveolar schistosomiasis acts like a liver cancer by invading surrounding organs over time, the gallbladder included.

Did El Camino Hospital, on being asked by me to conduct a liver ultrasound, perform an ultrasound of a different organ at the instruction of the FBI?  When we are looking at the clear cystic pathology involved in this organ, are we looking at the gallbladder and not the liver?

Was El Camino Hospital dishonest with us about the results of my son's bilirubin tests?




If so, these cysts would have spread from a liver that must be replete with cystic pathology, though not imaged despite our direct request.

I am not a radiologist, so my ability to differentiate liver from gallbladder is dependent on what El Camino's physicians tell us.

But it strikes me that El Camino Hospital has incurred substantive liability to my family in failing to identify a critical, life-threatening invasive disease affecting my son's liver and gallbladder, in refusing to read the pituitary MRI scan from February 18, 2023 showing my son's pituitary tumor, and in effectively forcing my son's discharge from care on June 13, 2023 by saying that he was "well according to all the tests" and that, if he should refuse to leave, he would be involuntarily moved to psychiatric care.

In all documentation from El Camino, there appears to be a desire to diagnose my son with "schizophrenia" or "schizoaffective disorder."  Yet the truth is likely that he has experienced psychosis as the direct result of sequential, untreated pituitary tumors.

The distinction is important, because the FBI's history of preying upon certain "targets of interest" appears to be predicated on their classification as suffering from certain diagnoses, schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder no doubt among them.  Accordingly, the agency appears to attempt to force these diagnoses into "targets'" medical documentation.

The Phoenix Program may not be so freely empowered to take the lives of those law-abiding Americans who are suffering from physical illnesses that are recognized as treatable.

Surely this behavior on the part of the FBI, which has a duty to the Constitution, and the medical establishment, which has a duty of care, must be viewed as indefensible.

My son is physically ill and needs immediate, truthful and complete assessment of his condition.  Alongside him, my husband and I also require immediate liver ultrasounds and ELISA testing.  The alveolar schistosomiasis to which our family was intentionally exposed through the crimes of far right factions of the FBI requires honest, urgent, and forthright evaluation.

Have far right factions of the FBI ensured that we live in a country that is too corrupt to provide them?

Is the American public willing to accept this corruption?

Should the FBI be ruining the health and future of a twenty-nine-year old young man in retaliation toward his mother for her role as an FBI whistleblower?

Is it acceptable to us that the FBI has required that my son pay with his life for my ethical stance on behalf of the American public?

Is Christopher Wray capable of answering these questions in a public forum?

These stand as but a few of the myriad questions the FBI must address at this point in time.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.


Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment