My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, June 5, 2023

Records of Notary Public Ms. Esha Kansal

OIG Hotline, Notary Public Ms. Esha Kansal provided Jurat notarization yesterday for the seven affidavits to follow.

The veracity of all affidavits was sworn to by both my husband, in the case of his two Jurats, and myself, in the case of my two Jurats.  This attestation was fully documented.

Ms. Kansal did initially mention that a "Jurat acknowledgment" provided on a page separate from the document itself was preferred by some recipients.  This suggestion may have been extended to her by FBI personnel, as it constitutes an opinion that is contrary to common notary knowledge.

I explained that I preferred her Jurat notarization on the final page of the affidavits themselves.

She included fingerprints, addresses, and full titles of affidavits in her notary record book.

She did decline to allow us to photograph the notary record book or obtain a copy, due to the fact that, according to her, she was only able to provide a copy to a Peace Officer.  I don't believe this is an actual limitation on Notary Publics, though it is perhaps true that the Notary is only required to provide the documentation to a law enforcement officer.

I believe this Jurat notarization process was legal and fully enforceable.  However, if the FBI appropriates Ms. Kansal's Notary Record Book, this could be problematic in the future.

As a result, I would strongly suggest that investigators from the OIG Hotline obtain copies of Ms. Kansal's documentation directly and promptly.

Ms. Kansal is a person of good faith, in my opinion.  Her life experience has likely not prepared her for the fact that she could be endangered by an FBI intention to cancel her notarizations' legitimacy in this case. 

I believe your Office's possession of her records regarding these seven notarizations would serve a protective purpose with regard to your investigation and with regard to Ms. Kansal's welfare.

Her contact information (Cell: 408-439-8283; email: ekansalnotary@gmail.com) and the receipt for our seven Jurat notarizations follow herewith.


I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Lane MacWilliams



No comments:

Post a Comment