My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Should Veterinarians Prey Upon Families in Grief in Following FBI Directives?

OIG Hotline, please be apprised that I am informed of falsified witness statements being extended from our cat's vet, Dr. Ellis, and others from Adobe Animal Hospital in Los Altos, CA at the direct instruction of FBI personnel.

Over the last two weeks, our beloved Oliver has experienced the dramatic wasting that is typical of extensive liver disease.

He was hospitalized at Adobe for several days beginning on June 17th and extending to June 19th.  He gained only water weight due to IV fluids at that time -- and did not eat any sustaining amount of food.

Today, June 20, 2023, he is again refusing all offers of food.

The vet's offer to feed him through a feeding tube in the ICU, given his liver and kidney failure, seem to me, as a loving "parent" to Oliver, torturous.

Given that our beloved fellow is suffering, our family has decided to call a mobile vet from "A Gentle Rest" (415) 729-5435 to come to our home at 4:30 pm this afternoon.

I am informed that this vet, too -- although we have not yet spoken with him directly -- has been contacted by the FBI and instructed regarding what to say and do while here in our presence.

Should a vet, being privileged to visit a family in a time of grief, ever be falsely reporting about them for the FBI?

No.  This should never occur.

What is the central issue present in this particular case?

I asked Dr. Ellis for a liver ultrasound of Oliver after his bilirubin tests were out-of-range high.

While she apparently conducted this test, she disallowed my husband from being present during the exam itself.  Later, she said the liver was "fine," but there were cysts on the kidneys.  She gave no explanation whatsoever for the elevated bilirubin.

When I asked her whether she could conduct an IgG test on Oliver for antibodies to alveolar schistosomiasis that might apply primarily to dogs, she indicated that she would need to research that question and failed to get back to us with the answer.

(Dr. Ellis should be able to disclose to OIG Hotline investigators the truth about the cysts present on his liver, and I would ask that she be questioned directly about this exam -- with the understanding that there will be proof from another source.)

Today, "A Gentle Rest" has been pushing hard for us to arrange for cremation services, in a manner than I consider unusual.

Are the threats I have received for the last two years regarding Oliver's habit of "sharing the shrimp" from our plates connected to FBI affiliates' suggestion that he, too, was exposed to alveolar schistosomiasis?

This question should be appropriately asked and answered.

Should FBI personnel be directing veterinarians to allege that we have "starved" or "abused" our beloved pet, when his thinness is the result of the liver disease they themselves caused?

How will Americans feel about the FBI killing the pets of law-abiding "targets of interest"?

I will post more about Oliver later, but I just need to say that this little fellow possesses the heart of ten thousand brave men.

He is an American hero, even if no one knows it but me.

Far right factions of the FBI should be ashamed to have cut short his beloved, generous, protective, courageous, loving, noble life.

There can be no excuse for the far right's cruelty to human beings, nor for their cruelty to animals.

And we, as loyal Americans, need to make that position clear.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment