My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, June 15, 2023

New Request for Graham MacWilliams' Ultrasound Scan to Replace Erased Disc from El Camino Hospital

Email sent to: patient_experience@elcaminohealth.org. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: June 15, 2023 at 5:36 PM

Re:  Ensuring the Integrity of Graham MacWilliams' New Medical Records Request

Good afternoon, El Camino Hospital,

My son, Graham MacWilliams, was a patient in your care from June 10th through June 13th, 2023.

Before Graham was discharged on the 13th, my husband requested and obtained a copy of Graham's radiology studies on CD.  For some reason, contrary to El Camino's policy, that CD was not password-protected, and now, the contents appear to have been erased.

I attach herewith three photos from Graham's liver ultrasound, conducted on Tuesday morning, June 13th, 2023.

The cysts evident on this scan do not match with the radiology report that Graham's liver was "unremarkable."

Perhaps the reporting radiologist was confused about the exam he should have been evaluating at the time. but, given that Graham entered and left the Hospital being jaundiced, and given that these cysts represent serious liver pathology, my family is deeply concerned.

I also attach herewith Graham's request for a password-protected copy of this exam, which my husband will retrieve from Medical Records.

I appreciate your ensuring that both the ultrasound exam from the 13th and the CT scan from the 10th represent precisely the same material -- albeit protected this time -- that was released to my husband on June 13th, 2023.

Thank you for your assistance in this important matter.

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************








No comments:

Post a Comment