My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Email to the Planning Commission of San Mateo County

Email sent to:  planning_commission@smcgov.org.  From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: February 21, 2023 at 3:07 PM

Re:  Important Comments for Meeting No. 1729, Regarding an Item Which Is Not on the Agenda

To the San Mateo County Planning Commission:

Due to the safety concerns involved, I respectfully ask that this communication be read in its entirely to the Commission for its consideration and included in full within the written documentation of the meeting.

I am commenting on the Notice of Grading Permit Application submitted by the Midpeninsula Region Open Space District (MROSD).  The project location is the Coal Creek Open Space Preserve.  The APN number is 080-200-080, and the County File number is PLN2022-00333.

The project in its entirely involves the construction of a retaining wall and a re-graded trail in close proximity to the entire western border of my residential property in Portola Valley.

My comments follow:

As a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance, I have received specific threats concerning the involvement of the FBI/Infragard in funding this MROSD project, contiguous to my property.

Chief among the threats I have received pertaining to this project is that of arson leading to a wildfire event.  My property sits on a steep slope, and the MROSD proposal involves work that is to be conducted very near to the low point of this incline.  Under certain conditions in the summer and autumn, when this work is scheduled, this represents an extremely high-fire-hazard area.

The Planning Commission has an interest in ascertaining whether this project is one that could endanger the welfare of lives and property within San Mateo County.

Specific question for the Planning Commission at this time involve the following:

1.  Has the necessary time period for public comment on this project been upheld?  This permit application was filed on November 3, 2022, three-and-one-half months ago.  Even so, the letter I received from Project Planner Camille Leung was not mailed until February 13, 2023, with a decision date of February 28, 2023.  Under these circumstances, I do not believe two weeks represent a sufficient time period for public comment.  More information about this project is needed.

2.  Have any funds for this project been provided by the FBI and/or Infragard, either directly to MROSD or indirectly through Santa Clara County or San Mateo County?  How much in total?

3.  Does the San Mateo County Planning Commission believe that it is acceptable for a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance to be receiving threats of wildfire and other grievous harms related to criminal trespass connected to this MROSD project?

4.  Is Project Planner Camille Leung willing to reveal to the Planning Commission whether she herself is signatory to Infragard?  In other words, has she accepted any compensation from FBI affiliates in order to handle this project in a manner that shortens the public comment period or waives consideration of public safety concerns?

5.  If this project is approved, and harm comes to my property, to my family, or to me as the result of wildfire or other harms related to criminal trespass facilitated by this MROSD project, is San Mateo County willing to assume liability for those harms in total, given that the County has been given advance notice of the high potential for corruption within this particular proposal?

6.  Is the Planning Commission willing to speak directly to investigators from the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice regarding all it knows of FBI/Infragard communications pertaining to this project, my property, or my family?

7.  How can corruption of public projects through payoffs from the FBI/Infragard be prevented within San Mateo County in the future?  Should public officials ever be allowed to accept compensation in order to handle public projects according to the directives of corrupt federal officials who have no interest in the welfare of San Mateo County?

I would respectfully ask the Planning Commission to allow this project to be thoroughly investigated prior to granting approval of this proposal.

Thank you very much for your attention to these concerns.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************************************




No comments:

Post a Comment