My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, February 24, 2023

A Transcribed Conversation with Fidelity Employee Johnny O'Meara

OIG Hotline, given that Fidelity is signatory to Infragard, and given that both Fidelity and Brighthouse/MetLife failed to send my 1099 tax documentation for 2022, I transcribed my conversation this morning with both organizations.

Because Johnny O'Meara reversed himself several times regarding his willingness to provide necessary tax documents to me, I include an excerpt our transcribed conversation below.  

In Mr. O'Meara's defense, I have never had difficulty with the willingness of any Fidelity employee to provide information before, and I do not believe Mr. O'Meara would have been likely to obstruct anyone's request for tax documentation without external influence.

The dialogue that follows here represents an excerpt close to the conclusion of our call.

I hereby certify that all of this information is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

February 24, 2023 at 11:24 AM

Lane MacWilliams:  Just to confirm, your name is Jonathan, correct?

Jonathan O'Meara:  Just call me Johnny.  Johnny O'Meara.

Lane MacWilliams:  I'm sorry, your last name is?

Jonathan O'Meara:  O'Meara. (spelling) O-M-E-A-R-A.

Lane MacWilliams: Ok, great.  So, Johnny, I appreciate your help today.  To confirm, we discussed obtaining tax forms for 2022, and you have assisted me in requesting duplicates of those forms to to be sent to my mailing address of 45 xxxxx xxxxx xxx, xxxxxxx xxxxxx, CA xxxxx.  To confirm, we had a productive conversation, and I'd like to ask you just a couple of questions before the conclusion of our call.

Everything I've said to you has made perfect logical sense.  Is that correct, Johnny?  You've understood what I've said and what I've requested, and it has made logical sense to you.

Jonathan O'Meara:  One hundred percent.  Yes.

Lane MacWilliams:  Ok.  Do you have any questions at all or any concerns with regard to my requests of you?

Jonathan O'Meara:  Not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment