My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, February 13, 2023

UPDATE: Important FedEx to OIG Hotline Investigators

February 13, 2023

OIG Hotline investigators, I regret that I am in possession of a credible threat pertaining to FBI efforts to alter the contents of this FedEx shipment in such a manner as to render it in some manner incriminating.  

As a result, I have contacted Leslie at the FedEx Store in Santa Clara in order to request that she hold this shipment for pickup this afternoon by my husband.

Due to the fact that certain alterations of content of a FedEx shipment could lead to false arrest, harms to my family, or harms to others, I believe that FedEx as a means of communicating with your Office is closed to me at this time.

I recorded my phone call with Leslie, in which she confirmed that she would hold this package in the manager's office.

Beyond this, I sent her a followup email, which I include below.

I regret that this has happened.  My husband and I are both entirely peaceable people, so the potential for far right FBI personnel to tamper with this package is deeply concerning.

My impression is that Leslie has had some substantive communications with FBI personnel over the course of the day. (Contact phone: (408) 982-9600, ext. 8)

I am grateful that this threat was received in time to cancel the shipment.

I will endeavor to post the content of this mailing online.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************Email to USA0337@fedex.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: Monday, February 13, 2023 at 1:32 PM

Re: HOLD PACKAGE #394555389954 AT YOUR LOCATION FOR PICKUP BY KEN MACWILLIAMS THIS AFTERNOON

Leslie, thank you for our call just now.  As I expressed, I am in receipt of a threat of altered contents of a FedEx package with tracking number 394555389954.

This package represents a lawful attempt to report FBI malfeasance to the Investigations Division of the Office of thee Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice.

The specific threat I have received has conveyed that FBI personnel may intentionally alter the contents of this package once it leaves your store to render it incriminating in some manner, thus leading to false arrest or other harms.

In order to avoid any undesired outcomes in this situation, I am formally requesting that you HOLD PACKAGE #394555389954 within your store until my husband Kxx Mxxxxxxxxxx can pick it up this afternoon.

Under no circumstances should it be allowed to leave the location except in my husband's possession.

Thank you very much for your support, Leslie.

I very much appreciate your efforts on my behalf, given the unusual nature of this situation.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

**********************************************************************************

OIG Hotline investigators, my husband is sending 43 pages and an audio recording device to your Office today via FedEx, for arrival tomorrow, February 14, 2023, with tracking number 394555389954.  Estimated delivery hours are between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM.

This constitutes an important mailing.  Please do not allow anyone other than OIG Hotline investigators to open the manila envelope with the security seals as pictured below.

A portion of this material is highly confidential and requires careful handling.  Nonetheless, I will post critical information from this mailing online so that investigators can be certain they have received content  identical to that which originated with me.

There is a high likelihood that others will attempt to obstruct this mailing or alter its contents.

Please do not allow the package to wait in a receiving office unclaimed by investigators for any significant period of time.


This is the mailing label, which my husband watched the attendant affix to the package:

The package appears as follows:



Security seals on the front of this mailing include the following numbers:  NO1576986, NO1576987, NO1576990, NO1576991, NO1576984, NO1576985.  

Security seals on the reverse side of this mailing include the following numbers: NO1576980, NO1576981, NO1576988, NO1576982, NO1576983.

Security seal NO1576989 is affixed to this package with its number concealed.

I will verify that this package has been delivered tomorrow, and I will post the proof of delivery on this page online.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.







Lane MacWilliams




No comments:

Post a Comment