My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, February 26, 2023

Why I Can No Longer Use Quora

1.  You have become alarmed by some perceived changes to your access of Quora lately.

Answer:  Yes, I have.  

2.  How have you accessed this site in the past?

Answer:  If I receive email notifications on topics of interest, such as "bootlogger" hacks of the electronic devices of "targets of interest," or OSINT as a means of aggregating falsified information concerning "targets of interest," I might open the application to read further.

3.  Has the information been useful?

Answer:  It has, yes.  For example, it was a Quora poster who alerted me to the Cat 5 hardwiring solution to prevent Wifi piggybacking by near neighbors.  This will, I believe, ultimately confer some tangible protection against online identity theft for my family members.

4.  So what is the problem that has emerged recently?

Answer:  Over the last two weeks or so, when I have attempted to learn more about topics related to the concerns of "targets of interest," the Quora feed will -- as the 20th or 25th listed topic on a open page -- include inappropriate content.

5.  What do you mean by inappropriate?

Answer:  Off-topic, explicit content that I would never seek out in a million years.

6.  Do you exit the page the moment you see that an embedded topic, wrongfully included among myriad "target of interest" topics, has been placed on the page?

Answer:  Immediately, yes.  But I still feel that this information is intended to discredit me as a law-abiding whistleblower of FBI misconduct.  So, I simply cannot access the platform under these circumstances.

7.  Is it your understanding that Quora is signatory to Infragard?

Answer:  It is.

8.  Have you had concerns about Quora's conduct in the past?

Answer:  I have been concerned about Quora's apparent willingness to publish comments by "targets of interest" that appear to be advocating for capital punishment as a just response to the harassment and harms that seem to be part of the FBI's "target of interest" protocol.

9.  Why do you feel this commentary is inappropriate?

Answer:  Justice should be reserved for the judicial system.  

10.  Don't law-abiding "targets of interest" have a right to feel upset about being slandered, defamed, and otherwise harmed by far right FBI personnel through the manifestation of the unconstitutional "target of interest" program?

Answer:  They do have that right.  But it is necessary for "targets of interest" to always advocate for the rule of law when it comes to addressing those who have preyed upon them.

11.  Why do you feel so strongly about this?

Answer:  The far right wants to depict "targets of interest" as dangerous, irrational, impulsive, violent criminals who need to be surveilled, controlled, and punished in order for society to remain safe and secure.  But everything about this objective is wrong.  "Targets of interest" need to show the world how distorted this extremist ideology is by personifying ethics, conscience, fortitude, equanimity and grace under exceptionally difficult circumstances.

12.  Your point is that "targets of interest" need to demonstrate the character and integrity their harassers are lacking.

Answer:  Yes, they do.

And, to return to the subject of this post, they need to reject online platforms such as Quora, which appear to cooperate with an agenda of mischaracterization of "targets of interest."

13.  You reject explicit, exploitive online content, whether it appears on Quora or elsewhere.

Answer:  Emphatically.  Women and children do not need to be victimized and exploited in online spaces or in real life.  Yet, the falsified law enforcement reporting of far right FBI personnel unquestionably commits malfeasance in both of these spheres.

14.  Do you hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct?

Answer:  I do.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment