My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, February 24, 2023

A Letter to the Staff of My Sister's House

Email sent to: slong@my-sisters-house.org, mcoleman@my-sisters-house.org, info@my-sisters-house.org From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date:  February 24, 2023 at 1:34 PM

Re:  An Important Request of the Staff of My Sister's House:

To the wonderful staff of My Sister's House:

I visited My Sister's Cafe and My Sister's House in Sacramento a couple of years ago, at one point speaking to an intake person regarding my stalker's predators and, in a related matter, my local Sheriff's Department's refusal to provide me with an associated law enforcement report on my stalker.

It was through this visit that I first learned that many women in the State of California cannot obtain reports regarding their stalkers from local law enforcement agencies.

Since that time, I have become apprised of the fact that the FBI appears to be guiding local law enforcement agencies -- and in fact compensating them -- for knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting that appears designed to draw law-abiding victims into a federal surveillance system under the heading of the FBI's "target of interest" program.

Stalking victims are often willfully mischaracterized within local law enforcement reporting as "unstable," "mentally ill," or "making no logical sense," and are, without their knowledge, referred to "Adult Protective Services" as justification for placing them under surveillance.

This issue is currently being investigated by the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice as an "insider threat" to our democracy, posed by far right elements within both federal and local law enforcement.

My stalker has suggested that My Sister's House was contacted by FBI personnel following my visit.  He has further suggested that "witness statements" from your staff were falsified by the FBI to claim that I suffer from both physical illness and psychological disability.

This communication constitutes my respectful request that My Sister's House review any and all witness statements its staff may have provided to the FBI to correct all falsifications that may be present within them.

I am fortunate in being both physically and psychologically healthy.  These gifts have allowed me to take on the challenging role of whistleblower of FBI malfeasance in the agency's corruption of the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative and the affiliated "target of interest" program.

No woman should be reduced to a "target" of predatory law enforcement when she has turned to these very agencies for protection from harm.

My advocacy for the civil liberties and human rights of stalking victims within the United States is actually an advocacy that seeks to defend the human rights of all Americans.

You will assist my efforts, and by extension, the cause of our democracy, by ensuring that all FBI statements attributed to your staff in this matter reflect the character, integrity and truthfulness that are required to render women safe -- within your auspices and within our society.

Please accept my gratitude for your efforts to set this record straight.  The words of your staff members matter in ensuring that I speak with appropriate credibility as I express my concerns about this issue in the public realm.

Sincerely yours,

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment