My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, September 23, 2022

Blog Post Concerning Viktor Goldmakher Has Been Altered By a Third Party

OIG Hotline, please be aware that my blog post entitled, "Documentation of Communications with Russian Emigre Viktor Goldmakher," has been repeatedly corrupted.

The final email in that thread, sent from Viktor Goldmakher to me, reads as follows:

Hi Lane -- of course I can wait -- no rush.  About my friends, certainly, I respect your point of view, although of course I would never have our friends sign any sublease or any document at all.  Let me know if it is OK for them to directly contact you via email.

About the FBI, I have no worries at all because of my previous experience with the KGB.  As soon as my family applied for emigration from the USSR in 1979, I was immediately considered an enemy of the state and had to face the KGB.  This was serious.  In addition, as an officer in reserve (every young male in the USSR was in reserve), I faced being sent to war in Afghanistan.  So, with this experience, I am not afraid of the FBI at all, especially in a law-abiding society, which is our country.  There is no way the FBI could intimidate me or make me do anything wrong.

Best regards,

Viktor

Good people of the OIG Hotline, if my stalker is to be believed, Mr. Viktor Goldmakher is quite readily controlled by his FBI handler.

My stalker has alleged that the "friend" with whom Mr. Goldmakher is attempting to place me in direct communication is in fact a Physics professor from Harvard whom the FBI has already recruited.  Why have FBI personnel allegedly done this?  Apparently, they wish to have a purported "source" for the supposed "nuclear information" in my family's possession.

Good people of the OIG Hotline, my family does not possess any "nuclear information"!  At all!  In any context!  Nor have we ever!

At a certain point, law-abiding "targets of interest" want the truth to be embraced and the lies of far right FBI personnel to be discredited.

That point is now.

As President Biden has so thoughtfully expressed, we stand at an inflection point in our democracy.

The truth of the actions of far right FBI personnel in preying upon the law-abiding American public must be articulated for the American electorate if our democracy is to have any chance of survival.

For far right FBI personnel to be falsely accusing law-abiding "targets of interest" of "espionage," "terrorism,"  "predation toward the vulnerable,"  "animal abuse," "prostitution," "drug manufacture," etc. represents a set of heinous crimes perpetrated by corrupt federal law enforcement officials for political objectives.  We need to understand whether, in fact, law-abiding "targets of interest" are over-represented by Democrats and journalists, as my stalker has alleged, and we need to do so quickly.

For me, one of the most astonishing aspects of the FBI as an agency is that, when far right personnel are caught in a lie, they double down with further lies.

One always expects that, in the face of hard evidence, dishonest people will have to concede their fault.

Yet, they don't!  They persist yet further to tarnish their virtuous victims.  We saw this sort of egregious and inexcusable scapegoating of the Jews during World War II.  Why are we allowing the scapegoating of "targets of interest" now?

Good people of the OIG Hotline, to stand with me in defense of the truth is to stand with the truth in defense of our democracy.

I ask for that faith at this time.

You will never find a "target of interest" of greater courage, more determination, greater resilience, more resourcefulness, or higher integrity.  Nor will you find within materials responsive to a FOIA request corrupted witness statements which the FBI failed to conceal with secrecy agreements, as are reported to exist in this case.

The approach to this circumstance by all of us who love democracy must be assertive, insistent, and urgent, in my opinion.

The "insider threat" represented by far right segments of the FBI is a clear and present one.

Our country must find the fortitude to face it with honesty and immediacy.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment