My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, September 23, 2022

Documentation of Communications With Russian Emigre Viktor Goldmakher

OIG Hotline, because my stalker has made clear to me that my longtime summer tenant on Cape Cod, Mr. Viktor Goldmakher, has been coerced by the FBI into provideing falsifed witness statements regarding my family, I am concerned about the communication below, in which Mr. Goldmakher mentions his experience with the KGB.  Out of an abundance of caution, I include this information herewith to prevent any attempts on the part of the FBI to mischaracterize these communications.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.


Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************This is to document my concerns regarding my summer tenant Viktor Golkmakher's email, included below, mentioning his experience with the KGB.

The FBI is quite experienced at creating disinformation based on such communicaitons, as in "Target discussed KGB with Viktor Goldmakher," for example, twisting and projecting mentions like this to bolster knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.

My stalker xxxxxxx xxxx has suggested that the FBI has, at his direction, knowingly alleged the appalling falsehood that Ken and/or I are involved in some sort of illegal activity relating to "espionage."

So, it's really not possible for me to answer Viktor Goldmakher's email mentioning his experience with the KGB.

I absolutely cannot touch such communciations, given the risks they may represent to to my family's safety.

Because the FBI is quite capable of generating email communications that never transpired, there are risks present on the basis of Mr. Goldmakher's Russian heritage alone.

Of greatest concern, the FBI's objective does not seem to be one of drawing "targets" into a courtroom, but rather in justifying physical attacks based on spurious claims of the "national security interest."

The FBI is said to have a "disposition matrix" which contains lists of law-abiding Americans the agency intends to kill, for political reasons, no less.

Dare I ask what happens to whistleblowers of FBI malfeasance?  Given that I am a whistleblower who has been wrongfully placed on the "disposition matrix," I think I am in the process of finding out.

Yet the American public remains almost entirely unaware that far right segments of the FBI are committing these crimes, in stark violation of the Constitution and the rule of law.

How can we illuminate the truth of far right agents' malfeasance in this situation?

This remains to be seen.

Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************

Sent to: vgoldmakher@gmail.com. From: lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com Date:  Monday, September 19, 2022, 11:11 AM

Re:  40 Gansett Summer 2023

Hi Viktor,


I hope this email finds you well.

I wanted to touch base with you, as I've embarked on an analysis of the Cape rental market.  It does seem as though rents have increased quite a bit, but you have been long-time tenants and we have valued your presence at the house.

Before I suggest an update on the rental price, I would like to have some input from you with regard to your circumstances and budget, please.

That would be a great help.

Thank you for getting back to me,
Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

Sent to : lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com  From: vgoldmakher@gmail.com Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 8:49 AM

Hi Lane,

I hope that everything is well with you. I am fine.

You asked me about my circumstances and budget. I am a biologist, developing novel antibody-based anti-cancer drugs. Two of the drugs (against breast cancer and against multiple myeloma) have been approved by the FDA, and the third one (against ovarian cancer) will likely be approved by the end of the year. I discovered these drugs while being an employee of a biotechnology company. Two years ago, I left my job as Director of Discovery, and with my business partner co-founded a startup in which we develop a new class of anti-cancer drugs. Initial funding of the startup came from me and from my business partner; then we got money from an “angel investor”. At this point, all the money goes strictly into research, I have no income from the company.

It may change in a year or two: our latest drug candidate works well in mice bearing human pancreatic cancer, and with these results, we have a good chance of getting funding from large investors for further research & development, which also will enable us to pay ourselves decent salaries.

So, for the last two years, all income of my wife and I was from our Social Security benefits plus my wife’s additional income (she teaches Russian literature); all together it gives ~ $ 85,000 per year. In addition, I have savings from which I gradually draw money. Thus, despite the relatively low income for the last two years, I was comfortable renting your house on the Cape. Last year the rent was $ 13,950 for five weeks, plus you generously gave us another week for free (thank you!). If you slightly increase the rent in 2023, I will still be comfortable paying it. If you consider a large increase, let me know, and I will consider it.

Renting a house in Falmouth with bigger beds and central air conditioning, may  be an option for me, but your house has several advantages: 1) our grandchildren love the beach 2)  it is close to the Children School of Science 3) a special aura – both Nina and I like to spend a few weeks in an estate of Herzen’s descendants!

Will there be a discount if we rent for the whole summer? We don’t need more than 6 weeks, but our friends (good responsible people) are potentially interested in renting the remaining 2-3 weeks in August. It would be cost efficient for them to be on our lease in order to avoid short term rental taxes. If you agree, we could sign a rental agreement for the summer (and be responsible for the property), but our friends would spend 2-3 weeks in the house. If this is an option, please let me know. When we know the price for the summer, I will check with my friends whether they are still interested.

I hope that my family will be able to spend another summer in your house.

Wishing you a good year,

Viktor

p.s. in case you are interested in my professional background, have in mind that all my publications are under a more conventional spelling of my name: Victor Goldmacher (the Viktor Goldmakher spelling was assigned to me by an immigration officer when we immigrated into the US in 1981).

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Sent to: vgoldmakher@gmail.com. From: lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com. Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2022, at 8:57 AM

Viktor, thank you for your thoughtful letter.  Because I have such fundamental respect for the IP of startups, I try quite intentionally to know nothing about them.  Sadly, the FBI has a pattern of falsely accusing law-abiding American citizens of unlawful IP "transfers" to various foreign countries.  If they can't manage to pull that off, they try to bring world-class physicists into the sphere of their "targets," so they can falsely accuse them of possessing knowledge relating to  "nuclear technology."  Suffice it to say that the FBI's lies and predations render one extremely cautious.  This level of institutional dishonesty certainly renders no one safer or more secure!  FBI personnel who have been co-opted by the far right now represent an "insider threat" to our democracy, sadly enough.

I hasten to say that the agency is deeply divided.  There are many FBI employees who view their vows to the Constitution with the utmost seriousness and honor, and who strive to defend the fundamentals of our democracy with courage, fortitude and commitment.

I'm delighted that you and your family wish to return to 40 Gansett for summer 2023, Viktor.  I've taken a look at rents in general, but we would of course give a discount for the six weeks.  I would like to have my husband's help in making a proposal, which he should be able to manage this weekend. So, I should be able to propose something to you by Sunday or Monday.  Will that timing work for you?

I am not at liberty to have anyone sublet the property, because insurance coverage is affected by subleases.  Also, regarding the short-term occupancy taxes, while I understand your thoughtful desire to assist your friends financially, it is my formal responsibility to ensure that the state of Massachusetts receives all the taxes she is due.  I do my utmost to fulfill that responsibility.  Most of the short-term occupancy taxes go toward protecting the Cape environment, which I know all of us want to see honored and preserved.  Cape Cod is such an extraordinary gem.  Having grown up there, I find that my memories are sustaining to the spirit.  I hope your grandchildren will cherish the memories you are making for them, too, Viktor.  You are extending to your family a rather timeless gift.

All best,
Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment