My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, September 10, 2022

Security Concern: Lane MacWilliams' IP Address Has Been Co-opted By a Third Party

OIG Hotline investigators, an unknown third party appears to be utilizing my IP address from a location described as "near New York" as well as "Mount Laurel, New Jersey."

I received the following notification from Amazon this morning, stating that someone who knows my password was attempting to sign in to my Amazon account:


It reads as follows:

Lane MacWilliams

Someone who knows your password is attempting to sign in to your account.
When:  September 10. 2022, 12:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Device:  Fire Phone (Unlocked)
Near:  New York, United States

Approve or Deny

I denied the attempt.  But I must state that, with a Pegasus hack of my cell phone, it is reasonable for me to assume that all passwords are compromised and, further, that 2-factor authentication offers me no additional security.


Of concern, when I clicked on "View Details" under "Sign-in attempt activity," I was shown the following pop-up:


In case these details are not legible for you, this summary reads as follows:

Here is a quick summary...

Sign-in attempt

When             September 10, 2022 9:55 AM

Device.          Fire Phone (Unlocked)

Near:             New York, United States


Denied

When:            September 10, 2022. 10:55 AM

From:             *******@gmail.com

Device:          Apple Safari (Desktop)

Near:              Same as current IP address

                       76.132.191.179


When I searched my own IP address on my MacBook Pro laptop (it's not clear to me whether this is synonymous with the "Desktop" referenced above by Amazon), my IP address (76.132.191.179) shows as having a current location of Mount Laurel, New Jersey.

Please see the following.



I am currently at my home in Portola Valley, California, where I have been for weeks on end.  I have not traveled outside of my local area for a long period of time due to the predations of the FBI and affiliates, described in detail to the OIG Hotline.

Having said that, it appears that my IP address has been appropriated by someone currently on the 
East Coast who happens to know my Amazon password.  

It seems reasonable to assume that this individual is navigating online under my identity, utilizing my IP address without my consent.

Please be apprised that any claims of the FBI or its affiliates regarding unlawful online activity allegedly perpetrated under my name or IP address, my husband's name or IP address, or my sons' names or IP addresses, are faked.

Clearly, for the FBI and its affiliates to co-opt the IP address of a "target of interest" would allow tremendous freedoms to the agency in the commission of falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.

If in fact the FBI and its affiliates are committing these crimes, it's clear that false claims could be utilized to justify arrests, raids, and even violence against law-abiding American citizens.

I regret that the technical realm does not represent my area of expertise.  Nonetheless, I will relay the current concerns to my husband, and I will post my follow up in an update to this page.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.


Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment