My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, September 4, 2022

Why I Have Never Used Recreational Drugs

OIG Hotline, my stalker has repeatedly stated that he has directed FBI personnel and affiliates to mischaracterize me as someone other than abstaining from recreational drugs in all respects.

I don't use recreational drugs, and I have never used recreational drugs.

Beyond this, I never will use recreational drugs.

I have not produced them.  I have not sold them.  I have not seen them.  I have not touched them.  I have not purchased them.  I have not sought them.

Why not?  

1.  I am law-abiding.

2.  I value my health.

3.  I was born in 1962.  That means I grew up during a period of time involving extensive drug experimentation in the culture at large.  Unfortunately, many people had "drug accidents,"  by which I mean drug-induced psychosis, drug-induced schizophrenia, drug-induced memory loss, drug-induced paranoia.  I knew some of those people.  They did not recover their former selves.

4.  I feel I have a fantastic time in the company of other people when I'm at my full capacity with my alertness and intelligence unimpaired.

5.  I once knew someone well who had alcoholism.  I would never want to impose the burdens of addiction on any other person, because I have been on the receiving end of that trauma.

6.  I want to be responsible for my own actions in life as an ethical stance.  I don't ever want to lean on the excuse that I was "under the influence" and therefore, let down someone I care for.

7.  I think life is extraordinarily beautiful without my perceptions being altered by illicit substances.

I happen to have married a man who feels the same way I do about this subject.  He has never used recreational drugs either.  Nor has he produced them.  Nor has he sold them.  Nor has he seen them.  Nor has he touched them.  Nor has he purchased them.  Nor has he sought them.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams








No comments:

Post a Comment