My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, June 19, 2023

Itinerary June 19, 2023

 OIG Hotline, please be informed that our Wifi was obstructed at our Portola Valley home all day today.

Due to this obstruction, in addition to threats of car bomb, I rented a Jeep, with California license plate 8ZRZ976.

My itinerary today included the following:

Travel to Enterprise rental car in Sunnyvale.

Made a series of calls from the car rental parking lot to Falmouth, MA in an attempt to clarify that all bills are paid for 40 Gansett.

Traveled to FedEx Mountain View parking lot to post on my blog, only to have the power to the entire mini-mall shut off.

Traveled to O'Connor Hospital Emergency Room for ultrasound.

Was unable to have ELISA test blood draw at O'Connor Hospital due to unsatisfactory assurance of sterile procedure by Angelo, the phlebotomist -- combined with active threats of a contaminated syringe appearing on my cell phone.

Drove on freeways while attempting to reach on his cell phone to accompany me home.  Turned around at San Jose airport and headed home.

Filled Jeep with gas in Los Altos.

Shopped at Draeger's grocery in Los Altos.

Ken finally called me, and we arrange to meet at the shoulder of Los Trancos Road shortly after 7:15 PM.

I did not feel that it was secure to travel on isolated stretches of Los Trancos Rd. at the end of the day by myself, hence these extra precautions.

While I waited in my car, I donated $250 to President Biden's and Vice President Harris' re-election campaign.

Please be apprised that a woman in a red Mini Cooper seemed to be predatory in her behavior as she passed my rental vehicle on the shoulder of Los Trancos Rd. at approximately 7:15 PM as I was waiting for my husband to arrive.

Given her stalking demeanor, I would suspect her of being likely to file a falsified report for the FBI.

All of my actions today, as always, were honorable and lawful in every respect.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment