My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Two Packages to the MacWilliams Household Marked "Return to Sender"

OIG Hotline investigators, please be apprised that a package in today's mail has a sender unrecognized by my husband and myself:  The origin point of this package is listed as Ukraine, alarmingly.  We don't know anyone in Ukraine, and we haven't ordered any items from Ukraine.  I have marked this package Return to Sender and left it at my mailbox, as shown below.  I believe it would be too dangerous to attempt to maintain this package for your Office's future examination.  It seems wiser to reject it outright.



A second package in today's mail is recognized by me to be a bathtub water filter.  However, because I have received specific threats of tampering with this item, I cannot accept it.  This item is also being returned to the sender, as shown below.





Because I continue to receive threats of unjustified law enforcement raid, I feel it is wise to take the step of documenting the return of both of these packages herewith.

My family and I are most grateful for your advocacy at this time.



Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment