My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, July 1, 2023

UPDATE: Lyft to SFO for Rental Car

An update follows at the conclusion of this post.

*************************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, my husband has hired a Lyft driver to take me to SFO in order to rent a car due to the fact that my husband could not rent a car for me elsewhere.  

My husband will be proceeding behind us in his own car.  The driver's information is as follows:


I will not be conversing with the driver, though I will record my time within this vehicle.

I will be posting here on my return home.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.


Lane MacWilliams

******************************************************************************
UPDATE:

OIG Hotline, I had concerns about this Lyft driver.  He wore a small, sophisticated earpiece which he removed from his right ear at approximately 7:40 PM while driving, attempting to do so unnoticed.

In speaking with my husband prior to leaving Vista Verde Way, his English language skills were highly variable, which is to say his poor language ability seemed feigned.

In contrast to his feigned inability to speak English to my husband, his Lexus was brand new and an expensive luxury vehicle.

My husband identified the driver as Korean, but his ostensible name as a Lyft driver was Chinese.

This man seemed to me to possess an unusually high degree of physical coordination, driving with his left hand, leaving his right hand free.

He gave me the impression of possessing violent potential.

His actions were adaptive and predatory, while his persona was faux naive.

This driver failed to drop me off at the rental car depot, instead driving past the drop-off location and ignoring my multiple request that he perform a U-turn to do so.

Instead he dropped me off one block away, at a "park and fly" area.  Fortunately, my husband was able to follow our vehicle closely the whole time.

After drop-off, the driver did not leave, but rather, remained parked, observing my husband and me in an unusual manner.

My impressions:  this man was not an ordinary Lyft driver.

The likelihood of his providing a falsified witness statement to the FBI is high.

I recorded the silence of our trip to SFO, as well as my multiple requests that the driver perform a U-turn to drop me off at the correct rental car location.

All of my husband's words and actions and my own words and actions today were lawful and honorable in all respects.

I hereby certify that this information is true, correct, and complete.


Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment