My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, July 3, 2023

Restricted Access: For OIG Hotline Only

 This content is restricted to viewing by the OIG Hotline only.

All others are asked to exit this post at this time.

This content will be made available for a short time prior to being removed from this blog.




Lane MacWilliams

********************************************************************************** 


This is to document apparent FBI interference with my attempt to rent a car at Hertz in Mountain View this morning shortly after 11:30 AM.

While my husband spoke to a colleague on the phone in the FedEx Mountain View parking lot, I walked one block to Hertz to inquire about renting a car.

A driver, John "Weine" or "Wyne" (This individual refused to spell his last name for me, and I'm not certain he was honest in its one disclosure.) had taken the place of a customer service representation who had "just stepped out" to a destination unknown with no specified return time.

John seemed to be suggesting that I settle in for a long conversation with him.  When I left the store front, he followed me out the door, remarkably enough.  He proceeded to plead with me to return inside.

His demeanor was entirely false.  I found his assertions to be dubious in every regard.

I was so concerned by this interaction that I returned to my husband's car to retrieve my cell phone and then briefly returned to Hertz to obtain this individual's photo.

Here is his picture:




After taking this photo, I immediately left, while John again begged me to stay.

All I can say is, the FBI must have offered him a great deal of money for the task of lying about our conversation.

What a disheartening indictment of the agency and its affiliates.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Lane MacWilliams



No comments:

Post a Comment