My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, July 28, 2023

Our Commander-in-Chief

1.  What do you think of President Biden as Commander in Chief?

Answer:  He is the strongest Commander-in-Chief we have had since Abraham Lincoln.

2.  Why is this your belief?

Answer:  Because, like Lincoln, President Biden inherited a nation divided by formidable forces, only some of them overt.  Despite this, he stands as a unifier of the American people in the face of those who would prefer to fracture the bonds within our families, our neighborhoods, and our nation. 

3.  Do you believe he has been protective of you and of your family?

Answer:  I wouldn't be here typing these words without him.  And I need to credit the courageous staff of the OIG Hotline and the Office of the Honorable Avril Haines as well.  We simply would not have survived thus far without these good people.

4.  FBI affiliates have conveyed to you that your oldest son is dying of Echinococcus multilocularis, caused by the actions of Txx Lxxxx.

Answer:  This crime is a cause for tremendous grief -- immense -- a grief that will not end.

But it is necessary for the public to understand that President Biden did not initiate the Phoenix Program.  President Nixon authorized it through the Pentagon during the years of the Vietnam War.  Unfortunately, both the CIA and the FBI have had factions that appear to have taken the lives of law-abiding American citizens on U.S. soil since their founding.  These acts have been perpetrated under different program names, with Phoenix having been implemented domestically since the mid-1990's.

Of course, we need to examine the international ramifications of Phoenix as well.

But Phoenix is not the sum total of what America stands for.

The American people would never lend their support to Phoenix if they understood the nature of its crimes.

I believe in the fundamental goodness, generosity, truthfulness, fairness, and courage of the American character.  All of us have the opportunity to contribute to our nation's best future when we manifest these qualities.

And this is why we need to bring transparency and accountability to the FBI, the CIA, and the DoD at this time, initially with regard to the "target of interest" program and the domestic deployment of Phoenix.

5.  How is your own health at this time?

Answer:  I have a few serious illnesses caused directly by the actions of FBI personnel, with the knowledge of FBI leadership.  That said, there appear to be those who wish me to recover, because I have been receiving some guidance with regard to their treatment.  And, in fact, I am improving.

6.  Do you believe you can recover?

Answer:  I do.  My family and I still need prompt and expert medical care.  But yes.

7.  You have expressed that President Biden manifests a remarkable degree of courage in his support of democracy given the current bid for control by autocratic forces.

Answer:  I speak from experience when I say that it takes tremendous fortitude to stand up to wayward elements within the three-letter agencies, and even the Pentagon.  It takes courage for a private citizen to do it.  It takes courage for a President to do it.  You have to be unwaveringly supportive of the principles of freedom for others, no matter what challenges arise -- and those challenges may be daunting.

8.  Like Txx Lxxxx' attempt to kill your family.

Answer:  Like Txx Lxxxx' attempt, with Christopher Wray's signature, to kill my family.  Yes.

9.  Why do you believe that the Phoenix Program can be ended?

Answer:  Because the unjust and unworthy individuals perpetrating the Phoenix Program are responsible to the Constitution, to the American people, and to their Commander-in-Chief.  They must be held to that accountability if our democracy is to survive.

So, it's not that the Phoenix Program can be ended.  It's that it must be ended in order for our civil liberties and human rights to prevail.

10.  You wish to contribute to democracy, both domestically and internationally -- given the fact that the future freedom of others is so important to you.

Answer:  I do, and it is.

President Biden has rightly characterized the struggle between democracy and the far right as the struggle for the soul of our nation.  And of course this struggle surpasses our borders to become the struggle for the soul of mankind.

Like President Biden, I believe in our inviolable goodness, compassion, fortitude and integrity.

The future of many depends on our own individual insistence on these qualities.

So, we need to strive to maintain them, and we can't grow tired.

11.  Do you have faith that your FOIA request will be fulfilled?

Answer:  I do.  The freedom of many depends on that FOIA fulfillment.  So, I know that good people are striving to place that un-redacted material into my hands.

10.  Is there anything more you would like to express?

Answer:  Gratitude to President Biden, the Honorable Avril Haines, and the intrepid OIG Hotline, all of whom are working toward the illumination of the unconstitutional "target of interest" program.  Appreciation for their faith in me, which is well placed.  Readiness for the job ahead.

12.  Do you hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct?

Answer:  I do.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment