My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, July 14, 2023

Email to Stanford Medicine Ombudsman

Email sent to: jlaflin@stanford.edu. From: lanemacwilliamss@gmail.com. Date: July 14, 2023 at 2:03 PM

Re:  Request for Referral to Appropriate Authority Within Stanford Health Care

Dear Mr. Laflin:

I have a concern relating to an Ethics and Compliance issue at Stanford Health Care.

Specifically, my son, Graham MacWilliams, has suffered from apparent falsification of his medical records pertaining to a pituitary MRI conducted at Stanford Radiology on February 18, 2023.

To whom may I appeal for intervention in this case?

Graham's HGH level is 5.41 ng/ml.  I have seen his February 18, 2023 MRI images, and I believe they demonstrate a clear pituitary tumor.

My request to radiologist Greg Zaharchuk to read the February 18th exam -- not images that were labeled as downloaded on February 19th -- is being blocked by a corrupt FBI agent named Txx Lxxxx.

I stand as a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance in the form of the agency's knowing perpetrating of falsified law enforcement reporting.  Unfortunately, Agent Txx Lxxxx is alleged to be actively obstructing my son's access to health care in direct retaliation for my ethical stance.

I have reached out to Guest Servicess/Patient Relations, but I am informed that Ashley Gaskins, who responded to me, has also been in direct communication with Txx Lxxxx.

Clearly, the duty of care toward my son is being inappropriately abandoned in this particular case.

Who has the authority to insist that ethics be observed in this situation?

I do realize that Stanford Health Care is signatory to Infragard, the civilian arm of the FBI.  But it seems to me that Txx Lxxxx' actions in this case have placed Stanford Health Care in an indefensible position.

This matter is currently being investigated by the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice -- all of which is to say that the truth of these events will be illuminated.

In the meantime, my son continues to be denied appropriate care.

Who has both the moral fiber and the institutional authority to intervene?

I appreciate your guidance.

Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************



No comments:

Post a Comment