My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, July 10, 2023

Email to San Mateo County Sheriff's Office Attorney David Silberman

 Email sent to dsilberman@smcgov.org.  From:  lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date:  July 10, 2023 at 6:45 PM

Re:  SMC Sheriff's Office: Cease and Desist Letter

Dear Attorney Silberman:

San Mateo County Sheriff's Office personnel inappropriately tracked my journey homeward from O'Connor Hospital in San Jose on Thursday, June 22, 2023, after my son and I left the Emergency Room

Please note that O'Connor Hospital resides in Santa Clara County, and the continuous presence of San Mateo County Sheriff's Office personnel on leaving the ER was entirely inappropriate.

Further, I have learned as of this afternoon that two of your Sheriff's deputies spoke to my son and husband at Stanford University of the 4th of July weekend, following their peaceable walk at the campus.

My son relayed to me that one of your deputies stated that they were responding to a call that my son looked "strange."

Again, Stanford University is located within Santa Clara County, not San Mateo County, so the officer who stated he was responding to a local call was not being truthful with my family members.

I consider the presence of San Mateo County Sheriff's Office personnel in both of these instances to constitute harassment.  The high likelihood that SMC Sheriff's Office personnel provided falsified law enforcement reporting in conjunction with these dates certainly adds insult to injury.

SMC Sheriff's Office personnel's knowing and willful mischaracterization of my family members as "unstable" or "dangerous" is clearly meant to wrongfully justify a law enforcement raid on our home, with all the attendant risks of such an encounter.

As a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance in the form of the agency's perpetration of falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives, I must observe the possibility that SMC Sheriff's Office personnel have also committed crimes of falsified law enforcement reporting.

Is it true that SMC Sheriff's Office personnel's fear of exposure of these crimes has led them to track my family into other counties, looking for a way in which to falsely report on our activities?

Attorney Silberman, this issue is being investigated by the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice.  Your deputies should be communicating with the OIG Hotline, not with my family members.  In fact, any attempt by your deputies to speak to my family members or myself during our law-abiding progress through public and private spaces could understandably be interpreted as a crime of witness intimidation.

I urge you to encourage your deputies to contact the OIG Hotline with any questions they may have.

But please instruct them to cease and desist in their efforts to make contact with us otherwise.

We are an honorable, peaceable and law-abiding family.  Accordingly, we expect to move through our lives with the same privacy, safety, and respect we extend to others.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment