My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, July 22, 2023

Threats of Falsified Law Enforcement Reporting Connected to Americans of Korean Descent

Please be apprised that FBI affiliates appear to be conveying that their agency, or an affiliated agency, is engaged in knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting concerning  Korean nationals or Americans of Korean descent.

My family is friends with one family of Americans who are of Korean descent,  Miryeong Song and her husband Michael Ahn.

We have not had communication with them since our children were both students at the Claremont Colleges in Southern California.

We attended their wedding, and our friendship with them was always honorable and warm.

If Ms. Song and/or Mr. Ahn are currently being pressured to allege malfeasance on our part in any way, shape, or form, please understand that they are being coerced.

These are good people who would never knowingly cause harm to the innocent unless they were experiencing severe duress.

Once again, the FBI appears to be attempting to weaken cross-cultural bonds that have always been part of our nation's history.  The native Americans helped the pilgrims to survive their first harsh winters in North America.  Without this human kindness, these settlers would have perished.  And Americans have long welcomed immigrants from all over the world who are seeking a home of economic opportunity and civil liberty that allow them to thrive.

Our national character cannot be preserved unless we reject disinformation created by far right FBI personnel, designed to cause distrust of and division from those from other cultures.

We have more to offer one another than the lying, suspicion, and predation that the far right within our three-letter agencies has come to represent.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment