My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, January 9, 2024

UPDATE: Awaiting Dispatch of Menlo Park Company Employee

UPDATE: The worker from the Menlo Park company is named Omar Mermer Tofolla, and he is scheduled to arrive by 11:00 AM.

I will update this blog post with further information.




Lane MacWilliams

**********************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, I am awaiting the assignment of a worker from Menlo Park Septic Tank Cleaning (510-886-4455) to come to my property this morning.  The original arrival time was scheduled between 10 AM and 11 AM Pacific time, but an employee has not yet been designated or dispatched for this job, according to Sabrina, to whom I spoke over the phone this morning on a recorded line.

The company originally told me that I would receive a text with the employee's name, but that has not yet transpired.

I did ask Sabrina to follow through on that arrangement, but when she read the phone number associated with my account, it appeared to be fabricated.

I reconfirmed my phone number with Sabrina, ending in 1467.

My husband is planning to be on the phone with me during the presence of this worker, in order to increase my security.

In addition, I will be updating this blog with the name of the worker as soon as he is assigned.

I asked Sabrina whether the worker will be a longtime employee of the company, and she assured me that he would.

I will update this post as soon as I have further information.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment