My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, January 5, 2024

Currently Being Blocked from DNC Town Hall Participation

OIG Hotline, I am currently being blocked from joining the DNC Town Hall meeting which began three minutes ago, at 12:00 noon on January 5, 2024.

I have been attempting to join for the last five minutes, by both iPhone and MacBook Air, and am repeatedly told on both devices that the host has not yet started the meeting.  Here is a screenshot from 12:02 PM.



Following herewith is my email to the organizer:

If he or she is able to reply to me with the meeting passcode, I might have success with alternate means of signing in.

Thank you for allowing me to document this concern.


Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment