My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Signature Page

 OIG Hotline, this is the signature page of my Addendum to my Will, signed this morning in the presence of my husband:



And this is the page which follows the document:


The document in its entirety may be located in an email sent to your attention within lanemacwilliams@gmail.com, lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com, and lmacwilliams7417@gmail.com, bearing the subject heading ATTN: OIG HOTLINE Re: Fwd:  ADDENDUM TO WILL OF LANE MACWILLIAMS, sent at 9:25 AM. The text is included in the body of the email as well, in order to prevent tampering with the content of the attachment.

Please note that this material was originally prepared as an affidavit for your Office.  However, my Wifi was cut off at shortly before 8:00 AM this morning, at the same time that I was receiving death threats which mentioned "9 in the Valley," as though nine men might be planning to pay a visit to my home.

It does appear that there was an attempt to "wipe" my computer clean of all data this morning -- one which I believe was averted.

But the confluence of events led me to quickly revise the affidavit into an Addendum to my Will, so that my husband could witness my legal signature rendering the document valid.

I will notarize further documentation when it is safe to do so.

Thank you for allowing me to document these concerns.

Most sincerely,






Lane MacWilliams









No comments:

Post a Comment