My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, February 23, 2024

Update: Notes on a Gathering

 Update:  OIG Hotline, FBI affiliates appear to indicate that I was mistaken about the family described below in #5.  They seem to allege that AI interests are concerned enough about my observations of AI-mediated erosions to the fundamentals of democracy that the FBI elected to compensate the private equity individual to attend this event with his two children in tow.

In retrospect, it would have been wise for me to be accompanied by security to this event and to have been met by a trustworthy host immediately upon arrival.

The FBI allegedly planned a significant number of my conversations with others in this setting, and presumably, directed knowingly false reporting afterwards.

There appears to be no "off limits" setting for the FBI to corrupt.  A church, a political meeting, travel with longtime friends -- the FBI seems willing to ruin all genuine human interaction in its bid for totalitarian control over the electorate.

The seriousness of this agency in its attempt to wrest control away from American voters consistently exceeds the expectations of most people of goodwill.  The stratagems employed by the FBI in this case appear to be ruthless, predatory, deceitful and unremitting.

Yesterday's meeting should have been a safe environment in which I could converse with like-minded neighbors.  Yet, this was apparently not the circumstance in which I found myself.

Thank you for allowing me to document these concerns.




Lane MacWilliams

*********************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, among those to whom I spoke yesterday at an event in Los Altos Hills were the following:

  1. a couple from Santa Rosa who strangely declined to introduce themselves.  This couple was in their seventies and the wife was suffering from Parkinson's Disease.  The two hour drive each way was a significant burden for them.  The man sought me out several times to share his thoughts on being a "billionaire," although he did not claim to be one.  Their reason for being present at this gathering appeared disingenuous to me.  Neither one of them could speak about President Biden's accomplishments convincingly.  They had never attended a comparable event previously.
  2.  a single woman, seventy-seven years of age, with ties to Stanford, Scripps College, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, and many more points of common history and interest.  This woman was lovely in her demeanor and the sensitivity with which she spoke of her past.  She now works as a real estate attorney.  She provided me with her business card.  She had never attended a comparable event previously.
  3. a woman originally from Sweden and her husband, who appeared to be from the Middle East.  This woman spoke expressively about her children's applications to St. Andrew's Episcopal School and her family's current residence in Monte Sereno, not far from where my own family used to reside.  She and her husband appeared to have attended comparable events in the past.
  4. a couple from the local area.  The husband spoke repeatedly of wishing that a candidate younger than President Biden were running for office.  I countered him by expressing my deep belief that we need President Biden's wisdom in our battle against autocracy.  This individual seemed insincere to me, and his criticisms of the President seemed staged.  Again, this person was unable to speak articulately about the President's many successes and accomplishments.  Neither he nor his wife had attended comparable events in the past.
  5. a man from Palo Also who was attending the event with his two children, one of whom, a young man who is currently a senior in high school, was recently admitted to NYU film school.  This family appeared genuine, expressive and sincere about President Biden's accomplishments.  They were informed, articulate, and enthusiastic.  The father of the family had attended similar events in the past.  This gentleman was quite bright, though he exhibited only a shallow understanding of potential misapplication of AI, in which his private equity firm is now investing heavily.  He raised the subject of President Biden's age in saying that he felt the President was "sharp and aware."  I immediately agreed with him, and went further to express that President Biden's longstanding affiliations likely represented a tremendous advantage in helping to form and advance critical legislation, and further I stated that I believed President Biden's age had conferred upon him the wisdom necessary to defend our democracy against those who prefer totalitarianism.  His agreement appeared truthful.
Attendees 1, 2, and 4 appeared to seek me out specifically, as well as to initiate certain topics of dialogue which could be misinterpreted.  None of these individuals had been present at similar events in the past.  Male attendees 1 and 4 were quite lackluster, unenthusiastic, and completely inattentive to their wives, the first of whom was shaking so significantly with Parkinson's that she had difficulty eating an hors d'oeuvre.  These men seemed to harbor far right sentiments which gradually revealed themselves through conversation.  Female attendee 1 was ill, as documented here, and cognizant of her vulnerability in this respect.  She deferred to her husband in all matters.  Female attendee 4 was significantly younger than her husband, Chinese-American by heritage.  She exhibited genuine curiosity about the event, unlike her husband.  Yet, both of them appeared to me to be "outsiders," not in background or ethnicity, but in the mere fact that they were not likely to ever attend such an event in the future.  This was a one-time experience for them both, and the reasons for that remained unclear.  Attendee 2 complained of being lonely, which, given her rather illustrious and well-connected history, appeared to be highly unlikely to me.  She asked whether I would join her for lunch sometime soon, and referred to me repeatedly as a "new friend," although we had just met.  Highly intelligent, and socially skilled, this woman could easily be a friend except for the allegation that the FBI paid for her attendance at the event with the specific intention of seeking me out.

Attendees 3 appeared to be genuine supporters of President Biden, as stated, and possessing of a history as such.

Attendees 5 get gold stars for truthfulness.  These people were also present for the right reasons, in my opinion -- perceptive enough to understand that our democracy is in the balance, conscientious enough to try to make a difference.

While it is alleged that the FBI is paying informants present at this event to claim that I lack charisma, I easily brought them to laughter and open conversation at the time.  I quite enjoy social interaction, though the FBI has rather relentlessly deprived me of it, and I find it fluid, engaging and revelatory.

I spoke to four or five other people at this event in passing, including a woman who had grown up under Romania's Ceausescu.  As such, her reasons for supporting President Biden were nearly as passionately informed as my own.  I asked her what happened to Romanians under Ceausescu if they engaged in free speech, and she disclosed that they immediately died or disappeared.  Romania, under totalitarianism, was overtaken by a corrupt system of spies and informants.

What can we now learn from their mistakes?






Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment