My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Encouraging All Americans to Maintain Fealty to the Truth

OIG Hotline, the following content, the introduction to which is here slightly altered, may be accessed within an email sent to your attention within my gmail accounts today, February 28, 2024, at 6:15 AM, bearing the subject heading ATTN: OIG HOTLINE Re: T-shirt Content: How to Say No to the FBI.

There are circumstances, described within my email, under which this writing would be removed from public access.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

**************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, I believe that members of the American public as a whole are quite naive to the stratagems of totalitarian interests.  They don't know why they're being approached as informants.  They don't understand the true objectives.  And they don't know how to decline.

The public needs educating in this respect, in my opinion.

While I would never counsel opposition to the rule of law, segments of the FBI are now acting as an unjust authority, wielding falsehoods with the force of law, separate and apart from the true purpose of law enforcement agencies as trusted entities which protect and serve.

Democracy's antidote will partly rely on our ability to awaken the public to its sovereign and ethical rights to stand in peaceable defense of our independent and virtuous nation.

Lest my writing in this case be mischaracterized by the FBI, I felt you should have a copy.  Please forward these lines to the Honorable Avril Haines as well.

I wrote these lines, because I believe the American public has the strength of character to rebuff the insider threat to our nation now represented by the FBI if it is taught the means of lawfully declining an informant recruitment query.

I never taught these basics to my own children, because i thought they would never need to know them.

Yet, our nation is immeasurably strengthened by Americans who hold fealty to the truth in all aspects of law enforcement.

Thank you for allowing me to document this initiative.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams


How to Say No to the FBI

I know you hold an important position.  But I won't lie for you.

I know you have a job to do.  But I won't harm my neighbors.

I know you have quotas to fill.  But law-abiding Americans shouldn't fill them.

I know you have a family to support.  But that shouldn't come at the expense of honorable people.

I know you want my signature.  But I can't let you misrepresent my words.

I know your "target of interest" list is long.  But I won't lengthen it with the names of my friends.

I know you work for the FBI.  But I work for the American people.

I know you want this conversation to remain a secret.  But I don't keep secrets from people I care about.

I know you wield the force of law.  But I still believe in justice.

I know you want my compliance.  But I can't do without my freedom.

I know you represent a powerful agency.  But I represent a powerful conscience.

I know you're offering to pay me.  But the soul of the nation is not for sale.

                                                                                                    © Lane von Herzen



No comments:

Post a Comment