My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, January 20, 2023

UPDATE: A Letter to My Son: My Virtue Stands

UPDATE:  In this post, I address my letter to my son Duncan MacWilliams, originally posted on this blog on January 18, 2023.

************************************************************************************

OIG Hotline investigators, please see below the email I sent to my son, Duncan MacWilliams, this morning.

My son's handler should be held accountable under these circumstances, in my opinion.  It is the fact that FBI personnel have been allowed to take unlawful actions with both anonymity and impunity that has imperiled our democracy.

Those of us who care about the civil liberties and human rights of the American electorate must answer these wrongs with a demand for the transparency and accountability for which our Constitution provides.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

Email sent to: duncan412@gmail.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: January 20, 2023 at 9:45 AM

Re:  My virtue stands.

My dear son,

Two days ago, on January 18, 2023, I sent you an email addressing what I understand to be your FBI handler's coercion of false statements from you concerning my personal conduct.  Specifically, I have been informed that the FBI, in an effort to descredit my truthful testimony concerning the agency's corruption of the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative and its affiliated "target of interest" program, has threatened you into stating that you have "suspicions," "doubts," or "concerns" connected to allegations of "human trafficking" involvement on my part.

In my email to you, I wrote the following:

If you have any doubts whatsoever about my having had one single intimate partner in my lifetime  -- that being your cherished father, Kenneth Paul MacWilliams -- express them to me directly, please, and do so by Friday, January 20th, 2023 at 9 AM.

If I don't hear from you, you are conveying to me that you know my self-proclamation of my virtue to be true and just.

Duncan, the appointed hour has arrived, and I have received no response from you.

You and I -- and, I daresay, your wayward FBI handler -- know that I have been loyal to your father.  The FBI's slander and defamation to the contrary -- having been coerced, aggregated and disseminated by the FBI in the form of falsified witness statements and other forms of false "evidence" -- represent qute a searing indictment of far right factions within a federal law enforcement agency the public has honored with its trust and good faith.

Duncan, I know that you would only lend your name to falsified witness statements concerning me if you believed you were protecting my life or the lives of others in doing so.

You, like your mother, are a fiercely loyal individual.

So I can only surmise that the threats and harms to you and Mary have been egregious, incessant, and harrowing.

No law-abiding American citizen should ever be terrorized in this manner by FBI personnel.

It simply should not happen.

Your handler has hidden himself from me, because I suspect he would be ashamed to identify himself, given his criminal conduct.

His shame is well-deserved, Duncan, as this man, even in concealment, has revealed himself to be vicious, deceitful, misogynistic, slanderous, predatory, and unrepentant.

Because I believe in a civil society, the rule of law, our democracy, and the Constitution which your handler vowed to uphold when he accepted his current position with the FBI, I will simply say that I look forward to learning his name, his rank, and his badge number.

My virtue stands.

I love you always,

Mom

*************************************************************************************





No comments:

Post a Comment