My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, January 29, 2023

Update January 30, 2023 at 5:32 PM: Conveyance of Bodycam to OIG Hotline Investigations Division; Videotaping of All Retrieval of Mail Items from Residential Mailbox

January 30, 2023 at 5:32 PM

OIG Hotline investigators, these are the security precautions I have taken to prevent tampering with our locked residential mailbox at 45 Vista Verde Way:

  • security alarms on box
  • numbered security tape sealing key lock
  • motion activated lights
Because I feel it is highly likely the FBI would like to conceal any evidence of the agency's perpetration of falsified law enforcement reporting within AFE's letter to me, it is highly desirable that the letter be securely conveyed to your auspices as soon as possible.

It is not possible for us to safely handle or convey the letter, due to unknown contents.

We will need the assistance of your Office in ensuring that this material is securely conveyed to you.

Until that happens, I am concerned that we remain at risk of yet further aggression perpetrated by far right factions of the FBI in their effort to justify the agency's engagement in knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.

Most sincerely,







Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

January 29, 2023 at 8:07 PM

OIG Hotline investigators, I have taken multiple security precautions to discourage tampering with our locked residential mailbox.

Even so, it would certainly be desirable for the Investigations Division of the OIG Hotline to take possession of this letter as soon as possible.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

January 29, 2023 at 5:29 PM

OIG Hotline investigators, my husband Ken MacWilliams video recorded his retrieval of all accepted mail from our residential mailbox at 45 Vista Verde Way, Portola Valley, CA. 94028 this afternoon.

After he returned to the house, he communicated to me that there is in fact an AFE letter in our mailbox which matches the photo provided by USPS Informed Delivery service.  That photo is republished here:


It appears that the postal delivery officer did not forward this item to the OIG Hotline Investigations Division, as I requested via a communication taped to our mailbox.

Neither my husband nor I nor anyone in our family can safely handle this letter, in my opinion, due to threats I have received that its contents may be knowingly corrupted in an effort to falsely suggest wrongdoing of some kind on our part.

I have conveyed ownership of this letter to the OIG Hotline investigators, who are welcome to claim possession of it at any time.

Until that happens, this mailing will remain undisturbed in our locked residential mailbox at 45 Vista Verde Way.

If there appears to be any tampering with our locked mailbox or its contents, I will notify the OIG Hotline immediately.

My husband will continue to video record all of his retrieval of accepted mail at our residential address, the documentation of which will be conveyed to your Office on request.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

January 29, 2023

OIG Hotline investigators, my husband will wear a bodycam video camera as he retrieves pieces of acceptable mail from our residential mailbox this afternoon.  It seems that this is the safest approach for us to document our mail retrieval at this time.

This bodycam, together with the micro SD card it contains, is hereby conveyed into the ownership of the Office of the Inspector General Hotline Investigations Division.




I have advised my husband that, if any mail from AFE is present within our mailbox, he cannot accept delivery by bringing any such letter into our home.  He has assured me that he will abide by my request.

To confirm, a letter from AFE, a photograph of which was provided to me by USPS informed delivery service, has been conveyed in ownership to the Office of the Inspector General Hotline Investigations Division.

Mail originating from AFE will not be accepted, retrieved or opened by any member of the MacWilliams family if it has been placed in our residential mailbox.  Should it be present within our residential mailbox at this time, it will have been directed to us by AFE personnel against our express desire and without our consent.

I find Mr. Jim Mellano's emailed comment to me that he was "attending a funeral" on the day this letter was mailed from AFE to be of concern, given that he has made no other personal disclosures to me in any context whatsoever.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct,







Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************

January 28, 2023

  •  I will be video recording all retrieval of mail items from our residential mailbox at 45 Vista Verde Way, Portola Valley, CA for documentation purposes.  In this way, I hope to verify that neither I nor my family members have accepted delivery of physical mail from AFE.
I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.







Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment