My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Restricted Access: For OIG Hotline Investigators Only

This post is intended for the Investigations Division of the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. DOJ only.

All other readers are asked to exit this post at this time.

Because this post contains medical information, it will appear for a short time prior to being removed from this blog.

*************************************************************************************

January 31, 2023

OIG Hotline investigators, I am documenting herewith a Limited Medical Power of Attorney granted to me by my son Graham MacWilliams, together with a public notary witnessing of the signed document.

Related documentation will follow.

The text of this document is transcribed below for ease of reading.

In addition, this Limited POA will be faxed to the OIG Hotline in exactly the form and wording appearing here.  The fax confirmation will also appear on this blog.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

LIMITED MEDICAL POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR CALIFORNIA

I, Graham Tate MacWilliams, the "Principal," appoint my mother, Lane MacWilliams, to serve as my advocate in exercising the authority, specified herewith.

Phone Call Representation

I authorize my Agent to make phone calls to arrange medical consultations on my behalf.

Medical Release and HIPPA Waiver for My Agent

I authorize my Agent to exercise my rights regarding the use and disclosure of my medical records, including the following: (a) requesting, reviewing, and receiving any information, verbal or written regarding my health, including medical records insurance and financial information; and (b) any written or oral opinions of my physician or health care provider concerning such information.  My Agent may also execute on my behalf any releases or other documents that may be required in order to obtain this information and consent to the disclosure of this information.  This medical release applies to any information governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.

Agent

I, Lane MacWilliams, understand the above permissions and am willing to serve as the healthcare Agent for the named Principle in the capacities specified.

Signature:  Lane MacWilliams.      Date: January 28, 2023

Principal

I, Graham Tate MacWilliams, understand the above permissions and grant them to my Agent Lane MacWilliams in the capacities specified.

Signature: Graham MacWilliams.       Date: January 28, 2023

California Notary Public Acknowledgement




No comments:

Post a Comment