My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, January 23, 2023

Update: Documentation of Phone and Email Communications with CPA Andy Favor

OIG Hotline investigators, I am posting this email on my blog for the sole reason that I experienced extensive tampering with the first email communication listed here while I was attempting to send it to CPA Andy Favor.

It seems that Mr. Favor may be pressed into falsely reporting the FBI's directed attestation that "targets of interest" "make no logical sense."

Well-reasoned emails likely refute such claims in a manner that far right segments of the FBI find inconvenient.

Accordingly, thank you for allowing me to convey this communication to your Office.

Out of an abundance of caution, my phone conversations with Mr. Favor were audio recorded and can be made available to OIG Hotline investigators upon request.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

Email sent to: andy@rittcpas.com.  From: lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com. Date: January 23, 2022 at 12:22 PM

Re: Thank you for our phone call this morning.

Andy, thank you for our phone call this morning.

In combing through my recent mail, I see that all the mailings addressed to my father are labeled "Important Documents Enclosed," not "Important Tax Documents Enclosed."

If I do receive any 1099 relating to my father's trust, I will reach out to you again.

I did not mention to you over the phone that I am currently serving as a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance with regard to the perpetration of knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting against law-abiding American citizens.  Both the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative and the FBI's affiliated "target of interest" program appear to have been broadly corrupted by far right segments of the agency.  Because these programs draw billions of dollars in congressional budget appropriations every year, this issue is of critical interest to many.

Among the many threats I have received personally is the threat of a special category of IRS audit.

As a result, I am endeavoring to ensure to an even greater extent than usual this year that I am paying all of the federal and state taxes I could possibly owe.

As I mentioned, my brother's failure to claim all of his inheritance from my father has been a challenging matter.  I, as Trustee and Executor of my father's estate, was not able to claim my brother's funds on his behalf, in the absence of legal incapacity on his part.

A complex situation, to be sure.

As I mentioned, I do anticipate that those funds will be returned to the state, and I have notified my brother of that anticipated transfer.

At any rate Andy, it was lovely to catch up with you briefly over the phone this morning.

You were a wonderful help to me as I cared for my father, and I want to thank you for extending your thoughtful and honest expertise through those years.

With all best for a happy 2023,

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

Email sent to:  andy@rittcpas.com. From: lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com. Date: January 23, 2023 at 1:07 PM

Andy, I'm glad to know my email reached you in uncorrupted format, and I appreciate your confirming that by phone.

I will notify my brother of his potential tax obligations regarding unclaimed accounts, as you suggest.

And I will certainly reach out to you should I receive any tax documentation that appears to pertain to my brother's funds.

I will not take up more of your time at this juncture.

Thank you very much for your responsiveness today,

Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************

Email sent to: lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com. From: andy@rittcpas.com. Date:  January 23, 2023 at 1:29 PM 

Lane,

There is a new 10 year rule that only applies after 2019.  And there are new rules for the penalty that go into effect for 2023.

But I think he may have a 50% penalty on what should have been taken in the past.

From the IRS:

Owner Died On or After Required Beginning Date If the owner died on or after his or her required beginning date (defined earlier), and you are the designated beneficiary, you must base required minimum distributions for years after the year of the owner's death on the longer of: Your single life expectancy shown on Table I in Appendix B as determined under Beneficiary an individual, later, or The owner's life expectancy as determined under Death on or after required beginning date, under Beneficiary not an individual, later.

The IRS was good at giving grace.  So he will want to get on this.

One of the stiffest penalties in the tax code is the one for not taking the correct RMD from an IRA or other qualified retirement plan.  You pay a whopping 50% of the amount that was supposed to be distributed but wasn't, a penalty known ass the "excess accumulations tax."  This penalty is in addition to paying income taxes on the distribution.

Good luck with this!

Andy

************************************************************************************

Email sent to: andy@rittcpas.com. From: lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com. Date: January 24, 2023 at 2:45 PM

Andy, thank you for letting me know.  I will send this information to my brother.

In the interests of clarity, please be aware that my comments to you over the phone concerning financial predation toward my father on the part of my brother were based on two caregivers' accounts of bullying behaviors on my brother's part, in addition to my father's own expressed fears.

These dynamics can occur within families, but it's necessary to protect the independence, agency, and rights of the elderly when they do.

With appreciation,

Lane MacWilliams

 

*************************************************************************************





No comments:

Post a Comment