My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, January 27, 2023

UPDATE: Documentation of Email Communications with AFE's Jim Mellano

UPDATE:  

OIG Hotline investigators, please be informed that AFE's Jim Mellano provided me with a "dead link" to an alleged 1099-B form this morning.  His email, and the attendant link appeared exactly as pictured by screenshot below.

At the same time, I received from USPS Informed Delivery a notification that a physical letter from AFE was due to arrive in my mailbox today.  When I attempted to email Jim Mellano about this, my computer was immediately cut off from Wifi access.

In alarm, I called my husband, and requested that he email Mr. Mellano on my behalf.  As soon as his email to Mr. Mellano was complete, my computer's Wifi access was immediately restored.

What do I suspect?  

I suspect that AFE, being signatory to Infragard, has sent falsely implicating material through AFE's tax documentation letter, scheduled to arrive in my mailbox today.  

I will not be taking possession of this mailing.

I believe that to do so would be to risk aggressive law enforcement action on the basis of knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting represented by the letter's contents.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

Email sent to jmellano@mellano.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date:  January 27, 2023 at 10:19 AM

Re: AFE Communications to Be Extended to Lane MacWilliams Via Email Only

Jim, as you know, for security reasons, I have requested that all communications from AFE be extended to me through email only.

You have appeared to agree to accommodate this request, which I appreciate.

To remind you, I include below my emails to you on Monday, January 9, 2023 and Saturday, January 21, 2023, both of which state that I can no longer received hard-copy materials from AFE.

Having said that, I see through my "USPS Informed Delivery" service, that a mailing including tax documentation of some kind from AFE is due to arrive in my mailbox today.

Please see the photo, here attached, as it was provided to me by the U.S. Postal Service via email this morning.

Jim, I do realize that AFE is signatory to Infragard.  Further, it appears that certain FBI personnel have attempted to falsely implicate me of criminal activity by mailing to me unknown information to be utilized as false evidence of a crime of which I have no knowledge.

As a result, I cannot accept any physical mailing from AFE.

AFE's letter will be "returned to sender" without being taken into my household or into my possession.

Please understand the seriousness of this matter.

My safety and that of my family members are placed at risk when AFE sends me communications through the mail.

I respectfully ask for AFE's immediate review regarding the manner in which this error occurred.

Again, I am requesting AFE's cooperation in ensuring my safety at this time, given the rather unusual circumstances of my standing as a whistleblower of extensive FBI corruption of the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative and the FBI's affiliated "target of interest" program.

I will appreciate your and AFE's active and ethical engagement in extending to me the safeguards I have requested regarding limiting AFE's communications to email only.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter,

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

Email sent to: jmellano@mellano.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: January 9, 2023

Jim, I need to follow up with an important detail:

I respectfully request that the tax documentation and all future communications from AFE be sent to see via email, and not through the U.S. postal service, UPS, FedEx, or other means of hard copy delivery.

I will confirm email receipt promptly.

This is a security precaution, and I appreciate your honoring this request.

Thank you very much,

Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

Email sent to: jmellano@mellano.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: January 21, 2023

Jim, this is a quick reminded that I have requested emailed delivery only of tax documentation regarding the sale of AFE shares.

Again, due to security measures required of me at this time, I request that AFE not utilize U.S. postal service, UPS, FedEx, or other means of hard copy delivery of tax documentation.

All communications from AFE now and in the future should be extended by email only.

I ask that you convey this request to all AFE personnel in ensuring that my security be adequately safeguarded at this time.

I have not yet received emailed tax documentation of my sale of AFE shares, but I would appreciate your forwarding this electronic communication to me at your earliest possible convenience.

Thank you very much for your support in this matter.

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************


************************************************************************************

Email sent from: jmellano@mellano.com. To: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: January 27, 2023 at 8:22 AM

Re:  Lane MacWilliams 1099-B

Lane,

You can access your 1099-B via the secure link below.

This should conclude the transaction.

Sincerely,

Jim Mellano

213-622-1966

************************************************************************************

Screenshot of dead link to alleged 1099-B form:



Email sent from: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com.  To: jmellano@mellano.com. Date: January 27, 2023 at 9:04 AM

Re: Lane MacWillams 1099-B

Jim, I need to emphasize to both you and AFE that IRS rules need to be followed with regard to AFE's electronic provision of a 1099-B.

Again, please ensure that AFE follow all IRS rules, specified below, which include that certain notifications be provided to me in advance of the provision of the 1099-B.

I will appreciate AFE's completing of required advance notifications by 5:00 PM today.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter,

Lane MacWilliams


Electronic recipient statements. If you are required to furnish a written statement (Copy B or an acceptable substitute) to a recipient, then you may generally furnish the statement electronically instead of on paper, but only if you meet the requirements discussed later in this section. This includes furnishing the statement to recipients of Forms 1097-BTC, 1098, 1098-E, 1098-F, 1098-Q, 1098-T, 1099-A, 1099-B, 1099-C, 1099-CAP, 1099-DIV,1099-G, 1099-H, 1099-INT, 1099-K, 1099-LS, 1099-LTC, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-OID, 1099-PATR, 1099-Q, 1099-QA, 1099-R, 1099-S, 1099-SA, 1099-SB, 3921, 3922, 5498, 5498-ESA, 5498-QA, and 5498-SA. It also includes Form W-2G (except for horse and dog racing, jai alai, sweepstakes, wagering pools, and lotteries).

Until further guidance is issued to the contrary, Form 1098-C may not be furnished electronically.

If you meet the requirements that follow, you are treated as furnishing the statement.

Consent. The recipient must consent in the affirmative and not have withdrawn the consent before the statement is furnished. The consent by the recipient must be made electronically in a way that shows that he or she can access the statement in the electronic format in which it will be furnished.

You must notify the recipient of any hardware or software changes prior to furnishing the statement. A new consent to receive the statement electronically is required after the new hardware or software is put into service.

Prior to furnishing the statements electronically, you must provide the recipient a statement with the following statements prominently displayed.
• If the recipient does not consent to receive the statement electronically, a paper copy will be provided.
• The scope and duration of the consent. For example, whether the consent applies to every year the statement is furnished or only for the statement for a particular year, as applicable, immediately following the date of the consent.• How to obtain a paper copy after giving consent.
• How to withdraw the consent. The consent may be withdrawn at any time by furnishing the withdrawal in writing (electronically or on paper) to the person whose name appears on the statement. Also, confirmation of the withdrawal will be in writing (electronically or on paper).
• Notice of termination. The notice must state under what conditions the statements will no longer be furnished to the recipient.
• Procedures to update the recipient's information.
• A description of the hardware and software required to access, print, and retain a statement, and a date the statement will no longer be available on the website.

Format, posting, and notification. Additionally, you must do the following.
• Ensure the electronic format contains all the required information and complies with the applicable revenue procedure for substitute statements to recipients in Pub. 1179.
• Post, on or before the due date, the applicable statement on a website accessible to the recipient through October 15 of that year.
• Inform the recipient, electronically or by mail, of the posting and how to access and print the statement.






No comments:

Post a Comment