My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, January 9, 2023

Update: Delivery Notification Posted at MacWilliams' Family Front Door

An update appears at the conclusion of this post.

*************************************************************************************OIG Hotline Investigators, due to repeated threats of violence connected to a "courier" delivery at our home in Portola Valley, CA, I have posted the following notice at our front door.

The notification below has been transcribed for ease of reading:

JANUARY 9, 2023

ATTENTION PLEASE:

FOR DELIVERIES FROM THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE, THE OFFICE OF THE INSPECTOR GENERAL HOTLINE OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, THE WHITE HOUSE, OR THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION, PLEASE ACCEPT MY SIGNATURE BELOW AS CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT.

PLEASE LEAVE THE LETTER OR PARCEL IN THE BOX PROVIDED.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SIGNATURE IS INVALID FOR ALL OTHER SENDERS.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.




LANE MACWILLIAMS

*************************************************************************************

Update:

This is to document an Amazon delivery to our front door at 45 Vista Verde Way occurring approximately ten minutes ago, at 6:00 p.m.

What is unusual about this delivery?  

  • Time of day.  I cannot recall any Amazon packages being delivered after dark.
  • Ringing of doorbell.  This delivery person set off two loud area alarms on our front walkway.  Despite this, he or she approached the entry of the home and rang the doorbell.  This is unusual behavior, as the motion alarms are blaring and sudden.  I have never witnessed a delivery person proceed to the front door after tripping these alarms.
While I had no contact with this delivery person, the possibility of falsified law enforcement reporting connected to this individual's presence on the property exists.

Repeated threats connected to a "courier" are notable given the irregularities above.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.







Lane MacWilliams







No comments:

Post a Comment