My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, December 18, 2022

Words of Gratitude Mark a Hiatus

I have been asked to take a hiatus from posting on this blog by those who support and defend our democracy.

I intend to accede to this request.

My daily concerns, threats extended to me, and experiences related to my whistleblower status will be documented through pages prepared on my typewriter, titled Diary Entry or Journal Entry, and maintained in my safe.   

I need to make clear to all that neither my husband nor I would ever knowingly accept a bribe.  Such a failure of ethics would stand completely outside of our principles, our love of our country, and our hopes for its future.  We are honest, law-abiding people who whole-heartedly support the civil liberties and human rights guaranteed to all Americans by the Constitution.

I remain strong and resilient, and I hold hope that that fortitude may be able to assist our country in addressing ongoing challenges to its democracy, as well as the rule of law on which that democracy depends.

Please remain confident in my steadfastness, my surety, my character, my integrity, my courage, and my hope to serve others.

With this post, I am including a diary entry from Friday, December 16, 2022, on gratitude:

I want to say thank you to those people who have helped me -- who are still helping me:  President Biden, the Honorable Avril Haines, the investigators within the OIG Hotline, those within the FBI who love democracy -- and important others.

You're heroes, honestly -- and not just to me.

Thank you for your courage, your belief, your constancy, your diligence, your faith, your insistence.

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you a thousand times over.

The continents may shift.  The poles may alter.  The oceans may surge against the shore.

My gratitude will endure.





Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment