My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, December 10, 2022

The FBI's Forays into Character Defamation

1.  Your stalker appears to have falsely alleged that both you and your husband have a drinking problem.

Answer:  We're ordinarily teetolalers.  I enjoyed approximately six ounces of Prosecco over six hours on Thanksgiving Day.  I will probably enjoy a glass of wine with Christmas dinner.  My husband imbibes the way I do, which is almost not at all.

2.  The FBI has allegedly recorded your voice in such a manner as to allege that you have been under the influence of alcohol at times.

Answer:  I occasionally fall asleep on the couch next to my husband late at night.  If he later awakens me from a deep sleep, I can sound quite groggy.  That's different from being under the influence.

3.  The FBI and affiliates have alleged that you and your husband are biased toward LGTBQ+ and people of color.

Answer:  We celebrate diversity, and we celebrate equal rights for all Americans.  Our strength as a nation resides within our support for one another's humanity, dignity, and sovereignty.  My husband and I were thrilled by the passage of the Respect for Marriage Act by Congress, and we continue to admire the diversity present within President Biden's administration.

The FBI's unconstitutional "target of interest" program appears to rely on sowing the seeds of division between American citizens.  The agency's culture and biases need to be closely examined, in my opinion, vis a vis the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative and all other domestic programs which target the law-abiding American public in ways that disproportionately victimize Democrats, journalists, women and people of color.

4.  Your point is that democracy relies upon an inherent presumption of equal civil liberties and human rights.

Answer:  Exactly so.

5.  Are there any other attempts at character assassination by the FBI of which you have been made aware?

Answer:  Yes.  I have written elsewhere about the FBI's false allegations of everything from drug abuse, drug manufacture, mental illness, prostitution, child abuse, "espionage," "terrorism," and the list goes on.  But the agency is lying in systematized, organized and convincing ways when it comes to law-abiding "targets of interest."  

And this widespread malfeasance on the part of federal agents represents a clear attempt by those invested with the public trust to unmake our democracy.

So, the false allegations must be disproven, and quite definitively.

6.  Your stalker has alleged to you that you are now a "hard target" for the FBI and its affiliates.  What does that mean?

Answer:  I am not a military person.  But I will make a guess that becoming a "hard target" for criminal actors within the FBI and affiliated agencies is not a good thing.  In this case, it likely involves wrongful attempts to physically harm a "target" based on falsified law enforcement reporting.

7.  How are you conducting yourself since the presence of military personnel at 4:30 AM on the morning of December 2, 2022 on the second story deck of your home Portola Valley?

Answer:  It's fair to say that I am maintaining a high degree of vigilance regarding my family's safety and my own.

8.  Former President Trump suggested the other day that the Constitution was outdated and ought to be abandoned.

Answer:  Former President Trump is likely aware that FBI personnel speak a vow to uphold the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, every time they accept a new position within the agency.  FBI agents must be held to their public oaths.  

I am reminded of a quote by Thomas Jefferson in which he observed, "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."

9.  It's remarkable that Jefferson viewed "government" as the enemy.

Answer:  It is remarkable, and I think this speaks to the abuses of King George III, whose justice system provided justice for so few.

But it's quite important for us to recognize that the FBI should not be in any manner conceived of as our "government."  FBI personnel are not elected.  They are not publicly vetted.  The American electorate has not found them worthy of public office, and they should not be treated as though they have earned that honor.

They possess badges and the public trust, and those gifts are weighty enough.

If some within the FBI have abused those powers through perpetrating crimes of character defamation and even physical harms, the American electorate must address that malfeasance with honesty, openness and courage.

I wish to express that I am exceptionally proud of our democratic government as represented by President Joseph R. Biden and his administration.

8.  Do you hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct?

Answer:  I do.




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

At the end of my posts regarding the unlawful actions of far-right personnel within the FBI, I will be adding the following statement.  The FBI is a deeply divided agency.  There are many FBI employees who view their vows to the Constitution with the utmost seriousness and honor, and who strive to defend the fundamentals of our democracy with courage, fortitude and commitment.  The fact that some segments of the FBI appear to have embraced a lawless course is not a justification to assail the FBI in general.  The safety of FBI agents should be protected, just as the safety of the American citizenry should be protected.  As President Joseph R. Biden has so rightly expressed, violence is never justified in any circumstance.  The rule of law must always be honored and upheld.  It is our shared determination to preserve the civil liberties and human rights of ALL AMERICANS that renders the United States a democracy.  We must never abandon this promise.  All of our most cherished freedoms depend upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment