My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, December 26, 2022

The Ethics Required to Tell the FBI "No"

Email sent from: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com  To: duncan412@gmail.com. Date: December 26, 2022 at 5:01 AM

Re:  The Ethics Required to Tell the FBI "No"

Duncan, I am told that Mary's FBI handler has threatened her family members in an effort to coerce falsified witness statements from her concerning her conversation with your father on Christmas afternoon, yesterday.

In hearing your father's depiction of your afternoon, there was nothing unlawful, suspicious or inappropriate about your visit.

Neither Mary nor you should attest in your witness statements to anything other than the absolute truth.

Your father is a highly honorable person.  Anyone who reports otherwise is committing a crime of falsified law enforcement reporting against him and against our whole family.  I appeal to your ethics when I ask you not to let that happen.

The FBI has done enough gratuitous damage to our family.  Refuse to participate in this ongoing predation.  Find the strength to say no.  Insist that Mary find that strength, regardless of her handler's threats.

I believe you have sufficient character to hold to the truth in this matter, and to insist that Mary do so as well.

I love you always,

Mom

*************************************************************************************





No comments:

Post a Comment