My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, October 10, 2023

A Word Regarding Privacy and Security

OIG Hotline, for your information, I cancelled an Amazon order of photographic supplies this morning (one camera and SD cards) for fear that this could be misinterpreted as representing security concerns in the event that assistance should arrive at my home.

Over recent years, due to external circumstances imposed upon my law-abiding family I have developed the habit of documenting a great deal of our daily lives.

Having said that, I of course recognize that not every event can or should be documented, and further, that there are both privacy and security considerations of additional parties, not merely those of my family.

I hope this may offer some reassurance to those currently expressing concerns regarding this matter.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment