My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, October 20, 2023

Preservation of Evidence Request to David Silberman, Lead Counsel for the San Mateo County Sheriff's Department

OIG Hotline, in all circumstances, it would be best if your Office is able to immediately disallow any ongoing surveillance of my family and myself based on Brandan Pesa's directives regarding falsified law enforcement reporting yesterday, October 19, 2023.

To support your efforts in this regard, I emailed David Silberman, lead counsel for the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office, this morning.

That communication reads as follows:

Email sent to: dsilberman@smcgov.org. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date:  October 20, 2023 at 7:01 AM

Re:  Important Preservation of Evidence Request of the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office

Dear David Silberman:

Please note a correction in wording to my preservation of evidence request of the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office, as evidenced below.

Please consider this email a formal preservation of evidence request, requiring that the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office keep as evidence all communications with Brandan Pesa, the FBI, and/or local affiliates regarding any of my family members and/or myself.  This request extends to internal communication within the SMC Sheriff's Office involving staff-to-staff messages, phone calls or emails pertaining to any of my family members and/or myself.

SMC Sheriff's Office personnel's messaging, phone records, and emails, and, indeed the devices through which the messaging has been conveyed, may be called upon as evidence in court proceedings, and should, in all cases, be preserved.

Of particular importance is all communication that transpired between SMC Sheriff's Office personnel and Brandan Pesa, the FBI, and/or local affiliates, as well as internal communications within the Sheriff's Office, pertaining to any of my family members and/or myself beginning September 1, 2023.

Thank you for your cooperation in this critical matter.

Please be apprised that this communication will be shared with the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice.

Sincerely yours,

Lane MacWilliams

*********************************************************************************





No comments:

Post a Comment