My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, October 13, 2023

Email to CPA JoAnn Chow

 Email sent to: JoAnn@cocpas.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com Date: October 12, 2023 at 6:01 PM Pacific Time

Re:  Thank you for maintaining your highest standards in preparation of our 2022 tax filings.

Hello JoAnn,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am sending this letter as a formal request that you decline all FBI directives to alter our tax preparation documents, whether state or federal, in any manner that would fail to represent your best possible work, your highest possible professionalism, and your greatest expression of ethics as our CPA.

I know you're aware that it is extremely important that our tax documentation and filings be highly professional and conscientiously executed, without omissions, deletions, incorrect forms, incorrect categories, or altered amounts, tax percentages or totals.  I know that you view these needs as fundamental for every client you have.

This year, as always, Ken and I are seeking your help in paying our taxes in full, on time, and with conscientious professional preparation in every regard.

Thank you in advance for helping us to do that, JoAnn.

Your good faith matters to us very profoundly.

With appreciation,

Lane MacWilliams





No comments:

Post a Comment