My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, May 26, 2023

Letter to the Managing Partner of LaTanzi, Spalding and Landreth

Email sent to: CWard@latanzi.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: May 25, 2023 at 6:24 PM

Christopher, thank you for your email.

I understand that the firm is concerned by this situation, given the unlawful directives extended to it by FBI personnel.

Certainly, the circumstances are concerning for all of us who care about the rule of law, and I count myself foremost among them.

I cannot open a bank account under the name of the Realty Trust, because LaTanzi appears unwilling to disclose document deficits that may exist in the Realty Trust documents and filings.  Beyond this, if LaTanzi its aware of another Trustee of the Trust, but is withholding this information from me, I would be perjuring myself by presenting the Trust Certificate to a financial institution.

Beyond these concerns, LaTanzi's effective withdrawal of my representation at the directive of the FBI, and subsequent representation of my brother Brian Von Herzen, also at the directive of the FBI, is ethically troubling.

LaTanzi, Spalding, and Landreth did not originate these ethical lapses, but it did participate in them, and it did enter into a signatory status with Infragard in doing so.

What should occur at this time?

Exactly what we're missing:

Transparency and accountability.

Corrupt members of the FBI appear to be advancing a plan of forced property divestment regarding my family home at 40 Gansett Rd, Woods Hole, MA, and LaTanzi, Spalding, and Landreth appears to still be aiding and abetting them in that unlawful scheme.

Christopher, it's a hard lesson from history that totalitarianism tends to arrive with men wearing badges.  As law-abiding members of society, we seldom expect that they're lying to us.  That said, the FBI is, in fact, currently lying about a few million law-abiding American citizens through its unconstitutional "target of interest" program.

The heroes required to rescue us from the FBI's disastrous undermining of our civil liberties as Americans are none other than we ourselves.

I understand that you are not at liberty to reply to this email.

Please be apprised that I will be sharing this communication with the Investigations Division of the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice, together with a request that these events be investigated thoroughly in the interest of our democracy.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

The FBI is a deeply divided agency.  There are many FBI employees who view their vows to the Constitution with the utmost seriousness and honor, and who strive to defend the fundamentals of our democracy with courage, fortitude and commitment.  The fact that some segments of the FBI appear to have embraced a lawless course is not a justification to assail the FBI in general.  As President Joseph R. Biden has so rightly expressed, violence is never justified in any circumstance.  The rule of law must always be honored and upheld.  It is our shared determination to preserve the civil liberties and human rights of all Americans that renders the United States a democracy.  We must never abandon this promise. All of our most cherished freedoms depend upon it.


No comments:

Post a Comment